Walker Cup 2017

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've just read that it's the Walker CUp this weekend. Is it just me or has it really flown under the radar ????Anyone know if it's being broadcast anywhere ??? GB&I look to have a decent team and will be hoping to go "back to back". US only have one guy who played in 2015, namely MAverick Mcnealy .

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Lad from my club is playing - Robert McIntyre.

Glencruitten Golf Club, smashing fun. Some amazing holes, some that will leave you scratching your head, some down right crazy and some stupid holes but it all comes together to leave you grinning after the round.

U

User62651

The walker cup is GB and Ireland team. Why is it not an European team?

Last 10 comps have been 5 wins each. Doesn't need changing for the sake of it, plus it gives our young GB&I players good experience they might otherwise miss if it was all of Europe to pick from imo.

In contrast Ryder and Solheim Cups arguably needed changed to keep them competitive, so worth following.

In all seriousness after Brexit maybe they do need to change the European team flag, it does seem to based largely on the EU one.:p

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Historically, The USA have always had very strong teams. Not surprising when you compare the size of the USA to Britain and Ireland.

I see that the US open will be held at that course too in a couple of years.