Wales England

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As soon as I heard on the radio it was Kaplan as referee I knew we would lose - he just hates England (Ireland game in 2005 too was the same)....

I'm don't know why they don't just have refs from the 6 nations rather than bring in these foreigners..

Egg chasing is a strange game - the new rules have done nothing to help either...

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
Experimental law variations, i.e. cant kick for touch when ball passed back into 22, you allowed to pull down a maul, unlimited number in line outs etc.

I have never understood why in a proffesional game the players who are supposed to be the best in their country have to be continually told the laws of the game during the match by the referee. ie 'keep your hands out' 'stay on your feet' 'dont go offside' . What's that all about?
It didn't happen in the days of Edwards, Bennett etc when they played for pride.

And why don't the teams challenge in the line out anymore?

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
And why don't the teams challenge in the line out anymore?

What's the point when the thrower can get away with chucking it straight to his man...

That's what I am trying to say, it makes no sense to have the line out anymore 'cos it's free ball. when it gets like that there's no point in playing.

If golf goes that way as soon as your on the green you will be able to say that's a gimme and onto the next hole.

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If golf goes that way as soon as your on the green you will be able to say that's a gimme and onto the next hole.

I beg to differ, how many players have you seen miss putts within 'gimmie' range?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The point is that certain rules don't seem to be enforced. For example:-
Throwing in straight
Feeding at the scrum - this is getting so blatant it makes a mockery of the process. The scrums hardly stay upright for more than about 3 seconds so you don't see the 8 man shove you had in the past. When was the last time you saw a scrum taken against the head?????

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
i've got to say that the performance was so much better than the Italy game, had to be.
We still have a few players that disappear duriing the game and for the life of me, i can't understand why Borthwick is captain. I don't think he is playing well enough to justify his place, but then again neither did Corry when he captained the side. We need a strong personality to lead the side and we need to play a more expansive game.

The decisions did slightly favour the Welsh but they were the better side and deserved to win so no complaints really.