Villamora / Nerja recommendations

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
Have got the opportunity to use an apartment in Villamora in August for a week, any recommendations for courses to play, probably looking at 3 rounds and what do they roughly cost.

Also what roughly does it cost to take clubs on a flight or is t better to hire them, read somewhere you can hire in advance and collect at the airport

Also going to Nerja in Spain any recommendations for 1 round near there, will need to hire clubs on course for that one

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Oceanico Victoria is superb. Home of the Portuguese open. Val de lobo is good too. Costs for any any of the nice courses are similar. Tbh you can't really go wrong around vilamoura.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Old course is superb, Victoria is very good too, only been to Nerja for touristy things so can't comment about golf around there

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I personally wouldn't rent clubs, but I suppose it depends on how 'custom' your existing ones are.

Best course are there are - monte Rei, San Lorenzo, The Old Course, and the 2 Quintas.

I liked Victoria a lot but it's very 'modern' and open.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Old Course is great, Victoria is also good, Vale de Lobo (2 courses) is ok but nothing really special other than the par 3 over the ravine by the sea.

Personally i'd wouldn't return to the Faldo course, although others like it, and the Millennium has never been in good nick whenever I've played it.

Plenty to choose from within 20 minutes of Vilamoura.

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played amendoeira recently and loved the Faldo course. The elevation changes were incredible. Some of the tee shots were exciting, risky, nerve wracking! And the course condition was excellent too! The o'connor was fun, but not as challenging.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I personally thought the Faldo was very gimmicky, worth playing once but not rush to play it again. The O'Connor is a lot fairer.

D4RK1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Top of the list for me is the old course.
The laranjal is a brilliant course and has some of the best greens I've played on.
Faldo is great, I'd recommend a course guide as there are a lot of blind shots involved here.
Vale De lobo is a good knock and I also enjoyed Vila Sol despite the fact most people don't rate it. Its one of the cheaper courses to play so may be worth a visit to keep the overall cost down.

The Victoria has some great holes notably 17+18 but the front 9 is pretty bland. So that wouldn't be in my top 3