Vijay back in business

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
Just reading the comments made by Vijay Singh after his win in Hawaii

He seems pretty confident about his game (he always does) and he's got back into the world top five

I reckon he could have a good season this year and a major could be on the cards...

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Like his comment that "if someone like Fred Funk won aged 48 he will win well into his 50s"...confident to say the least!

Think he will pick up lots of cash (as always) but a Mjor might be a step too far for his dodgy putting

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How many of the 'also-ran' pros to you reckon could up their game like Vijay did if they were prepared to put in the time and effort he has?

If only Monty had had his work ethic!!

Topper_Harley

Medal Winner
Visit site
He's almost Hogan-esque in the way he prepares and the amount of balls he hits

Not sure about him winning a Major though

Can't believe Adam Scott has climbed to number three in the world. He doesn't seem to have done all that much to warrant it. I think it shows that the rest of the big names in the top ten haven't been performing

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I think this could be the year for some of the big guns that struggled last year. I think VJ, Ernie and Goose will all be up there in the big events this year. Not sure about lefty though. The big bear doesn't come out of hibernation as early as most so it will be interesting to see how he performed after last season which promised so much but did not really deliver.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Big Phil has been unfairly treated after last yr - I am no massiv fan of the man with moobs who is smugger than Oprah Winfrey - but he did win the Masters. I reckon he would take one Major a year if you offered it to him.

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
You're probably right TrueBlue but I think lots of his fans in the US will still be upset at his performance in the Ryder Cup, where he looked disinterested

He may not be quite as smug next season if the crowds aren't with him. I'm happy to write him off and don't think he'll ever be the same player

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a fan - don't like his arrogance. He's a golfer not a boxer, there's no need to psyche anyone out - just rude.