Views on Posture

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
IMG_0011.jpg

Afternoon guys looking for a wee bit of advice on my posture which is in the picture , the light isn't great but any advice would be grateful

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the advice from the real golfers :).
Gave it a good go Alan but at -4 degrees it just couldn't get there, cheers again.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
For a driver it looks perfect to me and provided your stance is wide enough you should be in a position to hit a good shot. I wouldn't bend your knees any more than that with a driver, just try not to let your weight stray onto your heels.

Are you having issues?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
As above Steve, looks very cramped. Chin down, hunched shoulders, if you get the angles a bit sharper you will feel in a much more athletic position. Weight appears to be a bit on your heels, improving those angles should help here too.

Where were you aiming?? Hard to tell properly in the light but your feet look to be aiming a long way right of your shoulders??

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought everything looked square but after reading your post noticed feet and shoulders not right maybe why i'm hitting the ball right ,i thought maybe its a block but if thats the way my feet are going well that could be the problem.
Was just asking about my posture as i get a lot of stifness in my back ,thanks for the advice and will work on it,was hitting the ball well considering not hit one for 3 weeks.

NickSwan

Club Champion
www.3goodshots.com
Something I always do to check my posture is get into position, then place the club behind me and rest it against the bottom of my back holding it with hands either side. This will help you ensure your back is nice and straight without being rigid.

Hope this helps
Nick

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Stick your arse out, man :eek:

( It's what the pro used to say when I was too hunched over the ball as a teenager - it doesn't stop me from standing stooped, but when I remember, it does help me get a more positive setup )