10 HCP: Great with Irons/Wedges - Awful with Driver - Any Tips

Lostgolfer

Visit site
Hi all,

Probably the worst 10 HCP swing in the country. I haven't played much in the past year, but every round I have got out for i have been around 80.

Problem is off the tee I am very short in comparison to the rest of my bag.

Looking for any advice to work on going forward, a lot to break down in my swing I know, it is years of construction believe it or not :p

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You must a a good short game 😂

My only comment, guessing your miss is a slicey non-powerful fade, seems to be your angle if attack on the downswing - you start this on a very steep plane whereas shallowing this (as in pic below) you would generate more power - especially for driver.

IMG_0502.jpeg

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Comparing your swing to how mine was at the start of the year before lessons is that there is little rotation and your left arm collapses at the top. This is exactly how I was and now I rotate and keep the arm straight means more distance from a shorter swing because the swing is wider so more head speed.

Lostgolfer

Visit site
You must a a good short game 😂

My only comment, guessing your miss is a slicey non-powerful fade, seems to be your angle if attack on the downswing - you start this on a very steep plane whereas shallowing this (as in pic below) you would generate more power - especially for driver.

my miss is a hook left. My stock shot is a tight draw. Yeah i think hitting a driver with a steep downswing is my downfall, i just can't work out how to get in a position to change this,

Lostgolfer

Visit site
Comparing your swing to how mine was at the start of the year before lessons is that there is little rotation and your left arm collapses at the top. This is exactly how I was and now I rotate and keep the arm straight means more distance from a shorter swing because the swing is wider so more head speed.

thanks been looking for ideas on what you suggested and seen a couple videos that give this idea,
being one