video- into the lions den...

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got sent a video by my pro, so thought why not... I'm a big lad, so can take the comments!!

Few things I am working on fixing, the overswing on the backswing, i am trying to stop it at around 12o'clock, also trying to stop my left foot from starting to lift near the top of the backswing, i think both are linked... this honestly feels like 50% of my old swing! put distance is still good, approx 155-160 with a 7 iron. I am slightly concerned with the amount of flex in my iron, and think regular steel shafts are a bit weak for me, but they are not changing! so will just have to slow down more... anyway, fire away!!

[video=youtube_share;RE0WoyWXSt0]http://youtu.be/RE0WoyWXSt0[/video]

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Pretty good effort all round, good job :thup:

I take it you don't take divots after the ball?
And would I be right in saying your bad shot is left?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
divot favours behind the ball mostly, thats another thing i have been working on, i have in the past had a tendancy to "top" the ball... and no actually, my bad shot is right! i have been told by my pro to work my hands as far left on the follow through as possible. i played a lot of cricket before golf and have the classic "cover drive" finish at times, the bad right doesnt slice, its just starts right and stays right!

Thanks Bob! i will take the thumbs up winky from you!! ;-)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Your swing is a little 'low to high', meaning the club approaches the ball from a low position and then comes up very quickly.
Try and think of doing to opposite.
Imagine there's a length of string 3 feet in front of the ball about 6 in high. Try and hit the ball under the string.
And if your not hooking, don't change your grip
HTH

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What does your pro think of how your lower body is working?

It might be worth looking at how the lower body works in some other swings out there, try to compare positions of the hips and left knee.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
What does your pro think of how your lower body is working?

We have been trying to work on that, before i played from the torso upwards, 90% of my swing was arms and shoulders.. He wants to see more hip turn in both the backswing and follow through. also keeps on at me to hold my finish position, even if i duff it... he also wants to lose the left foot rising and the knee bend, this will come with better hip turn... just practice practice practice until it feels like second nature!