Vice Golf balls.

Visit site
I played with a new one out of the box that I bought early last year. After 3 holes I saw the discolouration on it from white to a creamy off yellow............

Mind you any ball will go that colour if your pinging it around in the trees. 😂😂

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Do they guarantee a ball to last 2 years? A club you'd expect to last, a ball you wouldn't.

Vice could reasonably claim that the ball has been used within 2 years.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that you guarantee an egg to last 2 years, I was referring to the fact that the balls have lay unused for 2 years and are not used.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I certainly wasn't suggesting that you guarantee an egg to last 2 years, I was referring to the fact that the balls have lay unused for 2 years and are not used.

But Vice need to make a choice whether they believe the customer or not. We live in an age where people go out with tags still on clothes so they can return them. Whilst it's easy for you and i to believe the op. Many people do try things on.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But Vice need to make a choice whether they believe the customer or not. We live in an age where people go out with tags still on clothes so they can return them. Whilst it's easy for you and i to believe the op. Many people do try things on.
I agree fully with you as well, but I also think that 2 years is more than long enough, and this is all a bit overblown and out of date.
If they were a current or very recent batch that would be different, but who knows whats changes they have made in those 2 years, or how those balls have been stored in that period.
So whilst I have some sympathy on this, I do think it's rather overblown, and just one of those things.:)

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I imagine my situation is not unique......in that people bulk buy and take a while, like over a year, to get through them. 60 balls is quite a lot. Sometimes its not always possible to play over the winter months...and in any case who wants to loose their 'high end premium Vice Pro Plus' under leaves in the worst of the winter conditions.........

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I’m a fan of vice, or at least their original mode; balls and gloves the offer at a good price, BUT......just got an early access email (no doubt sent to everyone on email list). Tag lines include affordable.

Polo shirt £55
Belt £55

No thanks.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to reactivate this BUT !

Just got some neon yellow pro plus and they hold up really well, I'd say a lot better than SEED. I hit 5-6 tree's real solid and not a mark. nice and bright for my dodgy eye sight (should wear glasses when playing but:-( don't like them.

a dozen didn't work out cheap but good trial all the same.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just got some neon yellow pro plus and they hold up really well, I'd say a lot better than SEED. I hit 5-6 tree's real solid and not a mark. nice and bright for my dodgy eye sight (should wear glasses when playing but:-( don't like them.

:ROFLMAO: That's a rigorous testing procedure you've gone through, fair play.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Thanks for your review but unfortunately I don't factor in 'ability to withstand trees' into my selection criteria :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Thanks for your review but unfortunately I don't factor in 'ability to withstand trees' into my selection criteria :ROFLMAO:
Damn

I did a Vice ball review
and no-one told me it was essential to test them by hitting them into trees. On reflection though a schoolboy error as I should replicate the environment these balls would find themselves in when I hit them normally off the tee - bouncing off the oaks and silver birches left and right of most fairways

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Damn

I did a Vice ball review
and no-one told me it was essential to test them by hitting them into trees. On reflection though a schoolboy error as I should replicate the environment these balls would find themselves in when I hit them normally off the tee - bouncing off the oaks and silver birches left and right of most fairways

It wasn't my plan at the time but seeing as I was striking it so nicely and hitting tree's with a solid thud, Saturday they fared better :) same ball still looked brand new. maybe they have got it right as my previous test they did cut/scuff very quickly.

not sure I need 60 balls to get the bigger discount tho :-( got a shed full of seed's pro v1x, callaway to get through. maybe 2022 I'll buy some more.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I buy them in the Tour version.

Can't go wrong really if you want to play a new ball.

I haven't used the Pro or Pro Soft yet though as I play off about 18 at the moment, but would be more than happy to get some once I feel comfortable.

Hoping they bring out a red and green Tour version soon as well (y) I've just got a batch of 2020 balls and the box now says 'Tour White', which I reckon means they are in the pipeline :cool: