Vice golf balls - anyone tried them?

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking online at golf balls recently before finding the cut price Tour Preferred X's, and found these guys:

http://www.vicegolf.com/uk/all-balls

They have a very nice clean brand going on, they also have a nice cap section with a few options on colour and visor preference. It all looks very nice, but has anyone tried them?

They do a "selection box" of 4 sleeves of different balls for £16.99 (plus P&P) for you to try a few different types. I'm tempted.

Anyone who's played them... feedback would be appreciated!

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Loads on here about them. I was going to get the selection box also but I feel it is a waste as I would only try the pro and pro+. Thinking of just buying a box of each and trying them out.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm using them. I bought 5 dozen for £112 of the Pro Plus about 3 weeks ago and, for me, they play just like a top quality Pro v equivalent. they go well off the club and spin as good as any ball and they keep well after a couple of rounds. I ordered them 10am on a Tuesday and they arrived 11am on the Thursday

I will definitely get more in the future

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You know I did a search on here for "Vice" and there were hundreds of threads... but none about the golf balls! I may need to dig further.

May be worth a shot... might be a nice Xmas gift too. Matching hat and all...

For me of course. :whistle:

I'll have a little look!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Loads on here about them. I was going to get the selection box also but I feel it is a waste as I would only try the pro and pro+. Thinking of just buying a box of each and trying them out.

I got these initially and the tour are also excellent. The drive are a cheap feel distance ball but will be ok in the winter.

I ended up going back and buying 60 of the pro- I think they are excellent balls

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
I use Vice Drive balls and enjoy them. Having said that, they are the first 'proper' ball I have bought and replaced lake balls and recovered NXTs and AD333s.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use the Pro (3 piece Uerethane cover) and they are very good. No different to a Pro V, maybe slighlty firmer than the MP-S that I went from but still cracking value.
Going to try the Tour (3 piece with Ionomer cover) for the winter instead of the Srixon Tri-speed, which is basically the same construction.
Very impressed with the company and the delivery was 2 days.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the Pro (3 piece Uerethane cover) and they are very good. No different to a Pro V, maybe slighlty firmer than the MP-S that I went from but still cracking value.
Going to try the Tour (3 piece with Ionomer cover) for the winter instead of the Srixon Tri-speed, which is basically the same construction.
Very impressed with the company and the delivery was 2 days.

I'd echo that re: customer service. Very communicative and they were with me (from Germany) fewer than 48 hours after I placed the order.

Rip-it

Medal Winner
www.totalre-dec.co.uk
Vice balls are a fantastic product, I tested the Tour and Pro against similar other balls on a launch monitor and results were almost identical. I now use Pro for most of my golf and the Tour for the wet or frosty winter golf.

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Vice balls are a fantastic product, I tested the Tour and Pro against similar other balls on a launch monitor and results were almost identical. I now use Pro for most of my golf and the Tour for the wet or frosty winter golf.

Just out of interest, when you say "similar" balls, to what did you compare the Vice offering?

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I recently bought a load of the vice drives after feedback from maninblack and they are excellent. White round and you hit them with your clubs, find them and hit again. It's a golf ball it's cheaper than many others. Close your eyes and you won't have a clue you're not hitting a £6 ball!! Just buy them.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest, when you say "similar" balls, to what did you compare the Vice offering?

Personally I would say the Pro is comparable to Titleist Pro-v1, Srixon Z-Star, Mizuno MP-S, Nike RZN, Taylormde Tour Preferred, Wilson FG Tour and to a slightly lesser extent the Callaway Chrome Soft and the Srixon AD333 Tour.
The Pro Plus would be the "enhanced" versions of the above (Pro-v1x, Z-Star XV etc)

Vice tour I would compare to Titleist NXT Tour, Mizuno JPX, Srixon Tri-Speed, Wilson DX3 in the main.

Drive would be your more "distance" category balls such as Srixon AD333, Titleist Velocity, Srixon Marathon, Wilson DX2 and similar more budget market.

The lists above are based on construction type as well as expected playing charscteristics.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I recently bought a load of the vice drives after feedback from maninblack and they are excellent. White round and you hit them with your clubs, find them and hit again. It's a golf ball it's cheaper than many others. Close your eyes and you won't have a clue you're not hitting a £6 ball!! Just buy them.

I have enough trouble hitting them with my eyes open, but I know what you mean. Great balls.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently playing the AD333 so just ordered myself 60 Vice Drive balls, hopefully should do me quite well as I've read here that they are compatible balls, and at £50 delivered for 60 its also a lot cheaper than 5 packs of AD333's.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Drive aren't comparible with the AD333 I don't think. The Drive are more like a Srixon Distance. Should have gone for the Tour!

Both are 2 piece which was in line with my thinking too, I've tried some 3 piece balls before, I just don't have the swing speed yet to compress them properly. I've got the multi pack on my Christmas wish list, so hoping I'll be able to try the Tour and the Pro there and see if I get on with them.

moondogs

Visit site
Took a punt on 6 boxes of the Vice Tour. Haven't played too many rounds with them but have been impressed from what I've seen. Good distance and a fair amount of spin, and they hold up well in terms of scuffs and damage. Delivered very quickly. Used to use the DX3 and find them very comparable. Would recommend.