Takomo Golf Clubs

Thread starter #1
Has anyone tried and Takomo golf irons. They look like decent clubs, very similar to Sub70 and a really good price. Less than £500 for a set of irons!

I've seen a few YT videos of people raving about them, but they're probably paid to do that so you can take that with a pinch of salt.

Never heard of them before this post. Just put YouTube on and scarily, James Robinson pops up with a review. They look nice, the Jones look alike bag looks good too. The chaps in the video are enjoying playing them, that’s all I can say for them.

Thread starter #4
The question should be can you get fitted for them? If not, spend a couple of hundred more and get properly fitted.
Couple of hundred, it's more like double. A lot of people don't have nearly £1000 to spend on clubs. These for £500 would be a great option.

As for fitting I'm not sure how good a fitting you can get from hitting a load of 7irons from a mat on 1 day. Then to have a different grip, change of lie on that same 7 iron. If your swing is particularly good or bad it could also affect the quality of the fitting. It's better than not been fitted at all, but I'm not sure if it's as important as people make out.

I’ve put quite a bit of effort into researching these clubs . Watched numerous videos by James Robinson , Average Golfer, PXG , and all give outstanding reviews. But I still can’t pull the trigger and buy some . I feel as though I at least need to see the 101s or 202s in my hand before I buy some . They come with the choice of 8 different shafts, Lamkin grips and even the choice of buying just the heads and putting your own shafts on them ..My other choice is going to get fitted at Scottsdale and pay on interest free credit for something like Taylormade 779s at double the price .

Thread starter #6
I’ve put quite a bit of effort into researching these clubs . Watched numerous videos by James Robinson , Average Golfer, PXG , and all give outstanding reviews. But I still can’t pull the trigger and buy some . I feel as though I at least need to see the 101s or 202s in my hand before I buy some . They come with the choice of 8 different shafts, Lamkin grips and even the choice of buying just the heads and putting your own shafts on them ..My other choice is going to get fitted at Scottsdale and pay on interest free credit for something like Taylormade 779s at double the price .
It's a shame you can't get trial clubs like you can in the US for Sub70.

I'm planning on going to Hereford for a fitting, even though it's a 3hour drive, probably get a driver fitting while I'm there to get the specs to buy in the future when I've got more ££.

I went to Scottsdale's last year, great set-up but I'm struggling with the clubs I got.