Takomo Golf Clubs

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone tried and Takomo golf irons. They look like decent clubs, very similar to Sub70 and a really good price. Less than £500 for a set of irons!

I've seen a few YT videos of people raving about them, but they're probably paid to do that so you can take that with a pinch of salt.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Never heard of them before this post. Just put YouTube on and scarily, James Robinson pops up with a review. They look nice, the Jones look alike bag looks good too. The chaps in the video are enjoying playing them, that’s all I can say for them.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
The question should be can you get fitted for them? If not, spend a couple of hundred more and get properly fitted.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
The question should be can you get fitted for them? If not, spend a couple of hundred more and get properly fitted.

Couple of hundred, it's more like double. A lot of people don't have nearly £1000 to spend on clubs. These for £500 would be a great option.

As for fitting I'm not sure how good a fitting you can get from hitting a load of 7irons from a mat on 1 day. Then to have a different grip, change of lie on that same 7 iron. If your swing is particularly good or bad it could also affect the quality of the fitting. It's better than not been fitted at all, but I'm not sure if it's as important as people make out.

Skytot

Visit site
I’ve put quite a bit of effort into researching these clubs . Watched numerous videos by James Robinson , Average Golfer, PXG , and all give outstanding reviews. But I still can’t pull the trigger and buy some . I feel as though I at least need to see the 101s or 202s in my hand before I buy some . They come with the choice of 8 different shafts, Lamkin grips and even the choice of buying just the heads and putting your own shafts on them ..My other choice is going to get fitted at Scottsdale and pay on interest free credit for something like Taylormade 779s at double the price .

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve put quite a bit of effort into researching these clubs . Watched numerous videos by James Robinson , Average Golfer, PXG , and all give outstanding reviews. But I still can’t pull the trigger and buy some . I feel as though I at least need to see the 101s or 202s in my hand before I buy some . They come with the choice of 8 different shafts, Lamkin grips and even the choice of buying just the heads and putting your own shafts on them ..My other choice is going to get fitted at Scottsdale and pay on interest free credit for something like Taylormade 779s at double the price .
It's a shame you can't get trial clubs like you can in the US for Sub70.

I'm planning on going to Hereford for a fitting, even though it's a 3hour drive, probably get a driver fitting while I'm there to get the specs to buy in the future when I've got more ££.

I went to Scottsdale's last year, great set-up but I'm struggling with the clubs I got.

Brads

Visit site
Why does “pull the trigger” make me cringe so much lol.
Even worse when it’s about buying a watch ?

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
From everything I’ve seen, I gather they are great irons.

However, you can pick up an excellent set of pre-owned irons for even less… which, if you’re not going down the custom fit route, is an equivalent ‘gamble’. Pre-owned irons, particularly if a better known brand, would also retain more value if you decided they weren’t for you.

That’s the one hesitation I’d have if buying Takomo.

Using the irons in my sig below as the example, they were in excellent condition when I bought them and I think they ended up costing me about £330. If you’re patient and buy wisely, there are deals to be had.

Brechin balata

Medal Winner
Visit site
It's a shame you can't get trial clubs like you can in the US for Sub70.

I'm planning on going to Hereford for a fitting, even though it's a 3hour drive, probably get a driver fitting while I'm there to get the specs to buy in the future when I've got more ££.

I went to Scottsdale's last year, great set-up but I'm struggling with the clubs I got.
I have a set of sub 79 irons and I couldn’t recommend enough.

Skytot

Visit site
I’ve had a look at their Irons . On the USA website I only really like the look of the 699 irons but on the U.K. site they don’t seem to stock them ?

The Fader

Visit site
I’ve had another look and found them . Nice looking iron & price . Did you go to Hereford to be fitted ?

Yes, been twice!

Once for irons and wedges and again for woods.

The savings against the major brands more than covered the expenses with £hundreds to spare!

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone tried the Takomo irons recently? still getting great reviews. But I've yet to see them in person yet.
Think I read some place that they have woods coming out in the near future