Very short notice opportunity...this Thursday Essendon CC in Hertfordshire

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all
we have a mega testing day at Essendon CC in Hertfordshire on Thursday and Ive had a drop out (courses guru Rob Smith has a bad tooth) so I'm looking for a ringer

The 'lucky' person will get to play with me and GM contributors Jezz Ellwood and Roderick Easdale
we tee off at 08.30
food and drink will be on GM

You just need to...
be someone who look at loads of golf content, both print and digital - not bothered whether its from GM or other mainstream media or independent content creators - and be happy to be asked questions by me about this on the way round
get yourself to Essendon for 08.00am
be happy to be featured in pics and video as we are capturing tons of content
bring a £5 for the team competition
have clean golf shoes!

Sorry the location and short notice rules out a lot of folk out

Anyone fancy it drop me a mail michael.harris@futurenet.com with the following details
Name
Forum name
three favourite golf content producers
Index if you have one
Home club if you have one
social media profiles (Twitter and or IG)

Will choose someone by 5pm tonight!

thanks
Mike

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Why did this have to be the week I go back to work :rolleyes:

Anything In July/ August - Im your man! :ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was looking good for this until it mentioned social media profile.:eek: I do have an email account if that is any good.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My thanks to Mike, Jezzer & Rodders for being great company today, we nearly stole the glory only to be pipped by the last team, a bunch of young scoundrels !! A really enjoyable round even if we were all only quite good in parts.

Essendon looked in good nick from the pics GM have been posting, Mike even ordered the weather :)

AAC

Visit site
Essendon looked in good nick from the pics GM have been posting, Mike even ordered the weather :)

Did you see any pictures of Mike, boy has he been working out, a shadow of the man he once was !!

Essendon wasn't in bad condition, plenty of grass on the greens but they were sooooo slow.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Did you see any pictures of Mike, boy has he been working out, a shadow of the man he once was !!

Essendon wasn't in bad condition, plenty of grass on the greens but they were sooooo slow.

I have done recently on twitter yes, amazing his transformation, hats off to him!!!!

shame the greens were slow, not usually like that there

AAC

Visit site
I have done recently on twitter yes, amazing his transformation, hats off to him!!!!

shame the greens were slow, not usually like that there

To be fair I am sure they will quicken them up as soon as the frosts stop, Its been a few years since I played on the New Course and was surprised to see they have removed all of the 2nd greens, I guess it substantially reduces maintenance costs.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair I am sure they will quicken them up as soon as the frosts stop, Its been a few years since I played on the New Course and was surprised to see they have removed all of the 2nd greens, I guess it substantially reduces maintenance costs.

A while since I played there too, Dad went there as a member for a year when Brocket Hall went bust the first time so knew they had made some changes when it changed ownership

sunshine

Visit site

Glad you had fun!

Over the last 5 years, Essendon has consistently had the slowest greens I play all year. Even in the summer they are really slow on both courses.

I went for a few walks over the New Course during lockdown and noticed they had stopped maintaining the B greens. It makes a lot of sense. Up until last year they were still maintaining them which creates a huge amount of extra work. I don't know if this is just a short term decision due to lockdowns.

They were also doing some clearance work to bring some of the back tees back into play. I've always played it off the whites and not really noticed the blues. There are a few holes which are absolute monsters off the very back tee!