Short notice forum opportunity - new Titleist 915 driver

long_iron

Hacker
Visit site
Congrats ForeRighty.

Look forward to Long_iron introducing himself. Will be an interesting first post. jammy so-and-so on his first day on the forum!!

Hello, it’s me! I’m somewhat shocked and delighted regular reader and first time contributor (and jammy so and so!), so be gentle with me.

Very much looking forward to the day and meeting you ForeRighty.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hello, it’s me! I’m somewhat shocked and delighted regular reader and first time contributor (and jammy so and so!), so be gentle with me.

Very much looking forward to the day and meeting you ForeRighty.

You are a very jammy so-and-so!! Enjoy what I'm sure will be an amazing afternoon. (Not jealous at all.......much)

Oh and welcome to the forum!!

Moorzee10

Hacker
Visit site
So gutted I missed this :(.... I live only 10 mins from the grove and am a full on Titleist nut/ambassador.

Last edited:

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone contemplating a new driver has to hit the new 915. The results exceeded my expectations gaining an additional 20 yard carry.

I throughly enjoyed the day and my 1st custom fit experience cannot wait to game!

Those that are interested I was fit for 915 D2 set at 11.25 degrees with Stiff Diamana Blue Shaft.

long_iron

Hacker
Visit site
Morning all, sorry for the delay in posting this.

Yes a really good afternoon and can’t recommend the 915 or fitting process enough. Started off hitting a few balls with my current driver (TM rbz stage 2, 10.5 Reg Shaft, bought off the shelf) to get a base set of numbers. Then moved onto the 915 D2, testing several shaft combos showing gradual improvement until we found the one that gave the best results. He then tweaked the head to tighten up the dispersion.

I was fitted for 915 D2 10.5 (knocked back to 9.75) with a Aldila Rogue Silver 70g Stiff, a big change from the stock 50g reg shaft on my rbz stage 2. The biggest impact was on the dramatic drop in spin rates from about 4500 to 2800. My swing speed dropped slightly, due to the shorter shaft, but overall I gained about 20 yards with a tighter dispersion, so very pleased with that.
The club its self looks great and feels and sounds really solid, much more forgiving than I was expecting.

So I’m sold on custom fitting.

The only downside is having to use my old driver while I wait for the new one to be delivered!