Short notice forum opportunity - new Titleist 915 driver

D

Deleted member 15344

as a longer term lurker I noticed anyone given 'free' expensive goodies or days out were back here posting write ups and pictures the same day or next so we all can share in their good fortune.

Seems very rude to the magazine and manufacturer that they have just taken the freebies and not come back. There might be genuine reasons though but seems a poor show

Believe if you look up two posts you will see two posts from the users who attended the fitting and both has posted their views.

long_iron

Hacker
Visit site
Morning all, sorry for the delay in posting this.

Yes a really good afternoon and can’t recommend the 915 or fitting process enough. Started off hitting a few balls with my current driver (TM rbz stage 2, 10.5 Reg Shaft, bought off the shelf) to get a base set of numbers. Then moved onto the 915 D2, testing several shaft combos showing gradual improvement until we found the one that gave the best results. He then tweaked the head to tighten up the dispersion.

I was fitted for 915 D2 10.5 (knocked back to 9.75) with a Aldila Rogue Silver 70g Stiff, a big change from the stock 50g reg shaft on my rbz stage 2. The biggest impact was on the dramatic drop in spin rates from about 4500 to 2800. My swing speed dropped slightly, due to the shorter shaft, but overall I gained about 20 yards with a tighter dispersion, so very pleased with that.
The club its self looks great and feels and sounds really solid, much more forgiving than I was expecting.

So I’m sold on custom fitting.

The only downside is having to use my old driver while I wait for the new one to be delivered!

I'll re-post in case anyone missed it ;) Any more questions and i will try to answer.

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
We were asked not to write about the product until the embago was lifted.

Please fire away if you have any questions on this or regarding the 915 driver, I am more than happy to help where I can.

Last edited:

ForeRighty

Head Pro
Visit site
From memory I couldn't honestly tell you as my current driver has no alignment aids so paid little attention.

I did a quick Google and it would appear from those images that the alignment aid is still facing away from the ball.

AlexDarling

Club Champion
Visit site
From memory I couldn't honestly tell you as my current driver has no alignment aids so paid little attention.

I did a quick Google and it would appear from those images that the alignment aid is still facing away from the ball.

the base of the triangle is facing the ball, it used to be the other way around