Very poor service from…

Stuart_Wales

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pathetic ?

If i was parting with my hard earned i'd want advice from somebody "qualified" to offer it,not a sales assistant who'd never picked up a golf club in his life.
Do try and be constructive when offering criticism,instead of just trolling.

I'd bet 90% of sales persons you buy off havent got 'in field' experience of the product they sell.

As long as someone knows the theory (which all AG staff do, or should do) then who cares if they've played or not?

Back to the original point, i'd have taken this all the way if 'Mr X' said the deal would still be on during a phone call. I always ask for 'Mr X's' name when making similar phonecalls aswell...

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Too many times AG don't match price as they say.I now use a small independant in Shirley with masssive discounts and a well reknownedfigure in the midlands golfing fraternity. AG no more,DG no more, Lochaber no more!!!!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can tell the AG manager that he and his store have now been discussed and debated on an international golf forum and he has probably lost a lot more then 1 customer.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I just buy most of my stuff online even if they have it in-store, chose my option, hit price match and I've normally saved myself 10-20 £ on let's say a clothing item. I would never buy clubs in store as they have normally been hit by half of the surrounding area and look second hand. The same goes fo DG.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is exactly the right answer!

The Multi-buy offer is still on their web site, so someone needs a boot up the backside - and it's not the customer!
Exactly! You should definately write to Head Office. Every company is concerned about complaints. Even though some may act like they are not bothered, they most certainly are. The customer is King. Without them they are out of business. I learned very early in my career that if you handle a complaint correctly you can gain a loyal customer. In the end we all vote with our custom. I only go where I get good service and I make sure I stay loyal to those that provide it. Business is difficult in any climate and I think we should reward those who deserve it.

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So we get there today shortly after 1pm to buy the 3 wedges and what happens? The guy in shop says the offer has ended 2 days ago!

I would definitely take this further, I was in my local AG today and they had a large poster in the window advertising this very offer!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wouldn't even consider buying anything from AG.

How the hell can you trust the advice you get from somebody that doesn't actually play golf.

I totally agree. I was very close to joining AG a few years back when I was made redundant and got as far as discussing remuneration including commission targets. A number of the staff at the store I was going t join were self-confessed non-golfers and just happy to have a job. Yes AG do run an intensive induction programme for all new staff, and product awareness is something they push but at the end of the day I know for a fact many (not all) have no idea how to interpret the data from their launch monitor, have a clue about basics like cavity v bladed head and are told to push Wilson, Yonex, Nicklaus and Hogan at all time.

I know it is about profit margins and they are a business but what about customer care?

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why didn't your old man just buy them online in the week? He'd have probably been using them today......

Simply because he's an old fashioned type of person he's happy browsing the net for allsorts of reasons but when it comes to spending he likes to do it in person, he won't pay any bills or make purchases online or over the phone.

He was still using the wedges today though he went straight to golfgeardirect afterwards and bought them as they offered a deal for him similar to what AG were/are advertising.

Have written to them today and the letter goes in post on way to work tomorrow

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I rang the Ramsgate branch of AG to ask about the 3bays GSA and the 10year old I spoke to had never heard of it, he said that the manager was with a customer and to ring back in 10 minutes. I rang back and the manager answered, I asked him if he had a 3 Bays GSA and he said that he'd never heard of it, I said that they are listed on their web page, he repeated that he never heard of them and that was the end of his conversation!

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally agree. I was very close to joining AG a few years back when I was made redundant and got as far as discussing remuneration including commission targets. A number of the staff at the store I was going t join were self-confessed non-golfers and just happy to have a job. Yes AG do run an intensive induction programme for all new staff, and product awareness is something they push but at the end of the day I know for a fact many (not all) have no idea how to interpret the data from their launch monitor, have a clue about basics like cavity v bladed head and are told to push Wilson, Yonex, Nicklaus and Hogan at all time.

I know it is about profit margins and they are a business but what about customer care?

Thankyou Martin.
I can see from what you've written that you know exactly what i'm talking about,and understand the point i was trying to make.
A very good friend of mine who plays off 5 went into his local AG,he was doing nothing more than looking along the racks of irons and picking up the odd club (blades and players cavities).The assistant approached him and said "they won't be any good to you,if i were you i'd look at something that offers a little more forgiveness).Now how did he come to that conclusion without even speaking to my friend ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I picked up a wedge in a shop a while back - no names mentioned - and the Salesperson came over and insisted that this wedge would knock 5 shots off my handicap.....

Oh really........?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I picked up a wedge in a shop a while back - no names mentioned - and the Salesperson came over and insisted that this wedge would knock 5 shots off my handicap.....

Oh really........?

Name name please I want one maybe two, I've got some winnings from a Nigerian oil tycoon on the way! :rofl: :rofl:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I honestly think they are trying to change things, i have 2 friends that have both recently been employed by AG. They are from what i got told, trying to get a PGA qualified pro in every store. Thatcham (newbury) had 3 PGA pros working the same shift when i went in there 2 weeks ago. One of them has now moved to the new Swindon branch, so if you go in there and see Chris, tell him Rooter sent you ;) (not that i will get anything out of it, he is a great guy and my old teaching pro)

I think the company know they had an "iffy" reputation and they are trying to sort it IMHO. Even the young sales lad that works in my local store plays off about 6, and the old guy that keeps the shop tidy has played golf for over 40 years.. I believe this is the kind of staffing AG head office are looking to get in every store, a passionate staff base with excellent knowledge..

Re the original post. the manager was very wrong and has alienated you, your dad, your mates and a lot of people here! reputation counts for everything these days, and negative feedback is oh so quick to get around with twitter etc.. thats why a lot of companies now have customer service people trawling twitter, facebook, forums to nip any negative feedback in the bud.