Very poor service from…

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would definately sending HQ an email explaining the situation and comments/attitude of the manager.
Offers do end and I'd unfortunately as seems the case it has at least a decent response could be expected.
What about the price match guarantee they should at least be able to price match their own web site!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dad called in advance and was told the offer would still be running today and then when he went in store is told it expired on the day he called but still shows as valid on the web and was given attrocious customer service.

IMO that's poor on all counts by the manager and a company like AG should be honouring there offers that are still displayed.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Fish old fruit, you got shares in AG by any chance, you do seem to be defending them with all your might.

If I had phoned up about a particular deal, confirmed it was running to a particular day, then when I turn up find that the offer had closed, I think I would be a bit miffed too

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry Fish but I think you're wrong on this. As I understand it, the OP's father rang and was told the offer would be valid today. He goes into the store and suddenly it no longer exists. Whether that is a synch issue with the website or not, there was a communication breakdown and the store manager made the situation worth with a surly attitude.

I would be complaining to head office about the customer service and the manager's treatment of customers. It isn't about the profit but about the way it was handled. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and you may have the retail experience but it seems wrong in my mind

jason6r

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Dad called in advance and was told the offer would still be running today and then when he went in store is told it expired on the day he called but still shows as valid on the web and was given attrocious customer service.

IMO that's poor on all counts by the manager and a company like AG should be honouring there offers that are still displayed.

Seems to me that either an error was made telling your dad that the offer would still be running, or an error was made in not honouring the still-valid offer. Either way, the manager should have been smart enough to start any conversation with "I'm really sorry..." and then try to see how he could get you to part with some cash and walk out happy, or at least walk out feeling that you'd been treated well (even if you were disappointed not to get the wedges). Not much of a salesman...

Given that golf purchases are largely discretionary purchases AND it's tough for retailers right now AND you came in with cash to spend AND there is massive choice to buy online or in shop, he really missed a trick here. I reckon HO would take a dim view of what took place, even if he was correct in being unable to give you the offer price.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't even consider buying anything from AG.

How the hell can you trust the advice you get from somebody that doesn't actually play golf.

I wasn't aware that not being able to play golf was a prerequisite for employment at AG.

What an utterly pathetic post

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wasn't aware that not being able to play golf was a prerequisite for employment at AG.

What an utterly pathetic post

Pathetic ?

If i was parting with my hard earned i'd want advice from somebody "qualified" to offer it,not a sales assistant who'd never picked up a golf club in his life.
Do try and be constructive when offering criticism,instead of just trolling.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pathetic ?

If i was parting with my hard earned i'd want advice from somebody "qualified" to offer it,not a sales assistant who'd never picked up a golf club in his life.
Do try and be constructive when offering criticism,instead of just trolling.

So you know for a fact that each and every AG employee doesn't play golf? You are aware I presume that their online job registration process requests your handicap?

You don't like AG? that's fine, no need to be a big girls blouse about it

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you know for a fact that each and every AG employee doesn't play golf? You are aware I presume that their online job registration process requests your handicap?

You don't like AG? that's fine, no need to be a big girls blouse about it

I know a hell of a lot about there about there job registration process,obviously much more than you know.I've also seen a copy of there training manual,have you ?
Always better to deal in facts,rather than shout your mouth off on a forum after you've had a few beers on a Saturday night.:thup:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know a hell of a lot about there about there job registration process,obviously much more than you know.I've also seen a copy of there training manual,have you ?
Always better to deal in facts,rather than shout your mouth off on a forum after you've had a few beers on a Saturday night.:thup:

Having not had a drink for over two months I find your comments offensive, abusive and pathetic. You don't like AG, fine, go and find somewhere nice and quiet to sit down and untwist you knickers and then move on

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having not had a drink for over two months I find your comments offensive, abusive and pathetic. You don't like AG, fine, go and find somewhere nice and quiet to sit down and untwist you knickers and then move on

The animosity began with your "PATHETIC" comment.

Which part of my post was abusive/offensive,was that the part where i didn't agree with your opinion ?

Yawn.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
The animosity began with your "PATHETIC" comment.

Which part of my post was abusive/offensive,was that the part where i didn't agree with your opinion ?

Yawn.

That would be the part where you determined that my post was alcohol induced. You are pathetic and you are now on ignore

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Seems to me that either an error was made telling your dad that the offer would still be running, or an error was made in not honouring the still-valid offer. Either way, the manager should have been smart enough to start any conversation with "I'm really sorry..." and then try to see how he could get you to part with some cash and walk out happy, or at least walk out feeling that you'd been treated well (even if you were disappointed not to get the wedges). Not much of a salesman...

Given that golf purchases are largely discretionary purchases AND it's tough for retailers right now AND you came in with cash to spend AND there is massive choice to buy online or in shop, he really missed a trick here. I reckon HO would take a dim view of what took place, even if he was correct in being unable to give you the offer price.

Is exactly the right answer!

The Multi-buy offer is still on their web site, so someone needs a boot up the backside - and it's not the customer!