Game Golf

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
It looks good but I don't know why you would go for this over something from Shot Scope? Especially as this seems like it'll be a subscription of £120 per year after the first year.

Springveldt

Visit site
Arccos is well established now if you want to got the subscription route (and I think they are practically giving away the tags to get you hooked into the subscription) but as a Shot Scope user, why would you want to pay for a subscription when it gives you everything you need in a one off payment?

Last edited:

PaulMdj

Visit site
I was an avid Game Golf user when I first started (2016). However I got burnt with the so called "pro" product and wouldn't touch them again.
This unfortunately for me as well, I was also one of the Beta testers for Game Golf Pro and was very disappointed with it.

Arccos beats it hands down.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I too was an avid user until the problems came. Having looked the new website, all my data seems to be moved over, so does anyone know if I started using the tags and device again (I didn't upgrade to pro) would it work again now?

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
I too was an avid user until the problems came. Having looked the new website, all my data seems to be moved over, so does anyone know if I started using the tags and device again (I didn't upgrade to pro) would it work again now?
That was my thoughts Steve. Used GG for 5 years, so a lot of data on my account. Would like to compare to where I am currently.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
That was my thoughts Steve. Used GG for 5 years, so a lot of data on my account. Would like to compare to where I am currently.
I messaged them without success - they just said contact support, which i recall was very slow before!
Whilst all my rounds are showing, and I like the new interface which seems good, having tried to charge my GG live, after digging it out of a drawer, its not charging. Think I need to take it apart to see if I can fix it.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Add my name to the list of the original users who was suddenly left up the creek and their lack of communication and support was appalling. I have no idea why anyone would go anywhere near them especially as they are expecting people to stump up cash for a subscription. You have Shot Scope as a non subscription option and then Arccos if you don't mind paying the subscription.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I was an avid Game Golf user when I first started (2016). However I got burnt with the so called "pro" product and wouldn't touch them again.
I was too until the 2nd gen live version came out. They said it worked with Apple Watch and it didn’t. The battery also quickly died.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to be a Game Golf user before they went bust around Covid time. It appears they are back on the market https://www.gamegolf.com and the product looks great.

Does anyone on here have any experience with the new Game Golf equipment & website?
I’m another for shotscope. The fact it’s subscription free is a big selling point for me and the X5 functions are just getting better over time.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was too until the 2nd gen live version came out. They said it worked with Apple Watch and it didn’t. The battery also quickly died.
I could never use the live version, my course is 9 holes, so play each hole twice. When used in live mode it would mix up the shots from the front and back 9. However I didn't connect to the phone and simply update the round to my laptop when I got home it got the front and back nines correct. This was my routine for a few years but after a MacOS update the GG unit would no longer connect. When I asked if this would be fixed, the answer was a hard no.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I could never use the live version, my course is 9 holes, so play each hole twice. When used in live mode it would mix up the shots from the front and back 9. However I didn't connect to the phone and simply update the round to my laptop when I got home it got the front and back nines correct. This was my routine for a few years but after a MacOS update the GG unit would no longer connect. When I asked if this would be fixed, the answer was a hard no.
Yes good point we have 12 and 17 as adjacent dogleg rights and it got those shots mixed up too.