Vegan groups being “militant”

D

Deleted member 23270

If we all gave up meat, what would the burger flippers do for a living? :unsure:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Vegi or vegan

You see, that is a responsible outlook, and needless to say, dropping red meat is better for your health. Perhaps if people just a had one day a week when they didn't eat meat would be a good idea.

Back to the thread. I find militant vegans to be very boring, and have no issue with them being eaten

Probably wouldn't bee too nutritious though, about the same as celery.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing I’ve never understood is vegetarians who eat bacon flavoured crisps etc

Lad at works gone veggie .. full blown. Won’t even eat stuff cooked with meat (when we cooked a Sunday roast we did his potatoes separate) yet eats smokey bacon crisps because their veggie

Either you want meat or you don’t surely?

TheDork

Visit site
The factual ignorance in this topic is quite bewildering, although I understand most of it is tongue in cheek but the posts that aren't is quite worrying from what I believe is from a fairly well educated membership.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today will be a full English. Sandwich for lunch, probably cheese, and a bag of crisps. And its meat feast pizzas with chips for tea - not sure meat feast pizzas have any meat. Supper will probably be a bit of pork pie with cheese and a glass of port. Will I live to 100? I don't care. I'll live as long as I live. Would I live longer if I switched my diet a bit? Probably, but I'd rather have a bacon sandwich.

Can I have an invite? I'll do without the crisps.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The factual ignorance in this topic is quite bewildering, although I understand most of it is tongue in cheek but the posts that aren't is quite worrying from what I believe is from a fairly well educated membership.

Enlighten us as to our ignorance.

TheDork

Visit site
Enlighten us as to our ignorance.

I don't want to get in to a big debate but if you read my first post in this topic you'll possibly understand how I may have more knowledge than most on the subject.

As an example though, the post about bacon flavoured crisps is comical :LOL: but that's enough from me.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I only know one, and it's one hell of a commitment to be a proper vegan so you may well be right.
I know one full vegan and she is perfectly nice. Never goes on about us eating meat/dairy etc. She will gladly cook meat for us when we come round and I will reciprocate with a fully vegan meal for her at ours. No fuss.
It’s the preachy/morally outraged vegan that has zero tolerance for the vast majority of society who partake from animal products that gets me riled up.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Human beings are born as omnivores. But they are also born with free will. So one can take it from there.

If someone wishes to try to persuade me of their particular view, then fine. But if they wish to impose their view on me, then not fine, and especially not fine if they try to impose that view by intimidation.

Your right to some degree. We are considered omnivores, but our ability to digest red meat is negligible. There were anything up to six types of homosapiens on the planet at one point, some were vegetarian, and other omnivores. They interbred, so to what degree we are vegetarian, and to what degree we are omnivores is arguable. You see, we are still evolving.

I totally agree that nobody should be attempting to enforce their views on you, but unfortunately this is something society and government are also guilty of, hence our lack of freedom of speech

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't want to get in to a big debate but if you read my first post in this topic you'll possibly understand how I may have more knowledge than most on the subject.

As an example though, the post about bacon flavoured crisps is comical :LOL: but that's enough from me.

It’s one thing to be ignorant about the plight..

It’s another to literally not give a monkeys about it...

Personally I’m sick to death of the whole guilt trade by guilt peddlers that does the rounds these days.

Utterly boring and somewhat irritating.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know one full vegan and she is perfectly nice. Never goes on about us eating meat/dairy etc. She will gladly cook meat for us when we come round and I will reciprocate with a fully vegan meal for her at ours. No fuss.
It’s the preachy/morally outraged vegan that has zero tolerance for the vast majority of society who partake from animal products that gets me riled up.

You may regard her as a vegan but a proper vegan will not cook meat for anyone ......................... apparently.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

In life - as in golf - beware he who claims more knowledge than others.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
One thing I’ve never understood is vegetarians who eat bacon flavoured crisps etc

Lad at works gone veggie .. full blown. Won’t even eat stuff cooked with meat (when we cooked a Sunday roast we did his potatoes separate) yet eats smokey bacon crisps because their veggie

Either you want meat or you don’t surely?

I am a veggie, and think you will find all veggies are the same. I won't eat anything cooked in animal fat, or cooked with meat. I also won't eat any thing cooked on a BBQ that is cooking meat. This is pretty much the norm. As a matter of interest, vegetarianism and veganism is growing quite rapidly, and 12% of the population are one or the other. Of course, there is a real south north divide on this. Where I live they think I am really weird, but perhaps I am ?