Vegan groups being “militant”

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
A group of vegans put themselves around a meat isle at a Waitrose in Brighton and protested the death of the animals for the purposes of human consumption.

I am a massive meat eater and always will be. I am not a fan of this sort of thing. Don’t mind them outside stating their case but actively getting in the way to obstruct as I went about my shopping would really boil my pee.

This sort of protest is getting more frequent and it isn’t really painting them in a good light imo.

How do you feel about veganism?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with you. Up to them if they dont want to eat meat but the smugness and the forcing of their personal views on others is nauseating.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
A group of vegans put themselves around a meat isle at a Waitrose in Brighton and protested the death of the animals for the purposes of human consumption.

I am a massive meat eater and always will be. I am not a fan of this sort of thing. Don’t mind them outside stating their case but actively getting in the way to obstruct as I went about my shopping would really boil my pee.

This sort of protest is getting more frequent and it isn’t really painting them in a good light imo.

I am 61 years old and have been a vegetarian since I was 6. The thought of rearing animals so we can murder them in order we can then eat their insides is quite strange to me. Now, do not get me wrong, I am not militant, and I don't preach my beliefs. Please don't bother to enter into the conversation indicating that we are natural meat eaters, because this is a subject I am pretty much an expert on. As a realist, I believe that as long as we produce animals for meat, their lives on this planet should be pleasant, and their slaughter should be quick and painless. I would like to think that any civilised person would agree with this. The slaughter practice Jews and Muslims prefer is abhorrent, and a country such as ours should have banned such practices many years ago.

Regardless of what you may or may not like eating, man kind will sooner or later have to change their eating habits. Animal farming is pretty dangerous to our ecology, and the more people we keep producing, the more animals we need to breed. We simply don't have the space, and the global warming effect from animal farming is horrendous. I would simply suggest people take a look at their diet, if not just for their own health, but the good of the planet.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can't quite imagine a weedy vegan standing in front of you, and you built like a large shed.

TheDork

Visit site
I was in a relationship with a vegan for 12 years and as time went by she became more and more obsessed with her beliefs, which I fully respected however it can be very trying having to just smile when she harped on about it all, though what I would say is, I suspect most of us meat eaters have no idea of the suffering animals go through for us to get our meat as there is no humane way to kill anything.

D

Deleted member 16999

I was in a relationship with a vegan for 12 years and as time went by she became more and more obsessed with her beliefs, which I fully respected however it can be very trying having to just smile when she harped on about it all, though what I would say is, I suspect most of us meat eaters have no idea of the suffering animals go through for us to get our meat as there is no humane way to kill anything.
Thankfully they’re all dumb.

The animals not the vegans;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone eats sprouts, call round on Christmas Day and you can have mine.

Getting back on topic, I am having serious thoughts about going down to the market and doing the same to the fruit and veg market trader. Even carrots have rights. Ask Kevin on the Aldi ad.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Brighton. Worried about that town. Saw an article today about the latest "agenda based" lies being told to young kids.

I respect anyone who doesnt want to eat or use animals. But no need to riot!;) Interesting that they do, they go to Waitrose (probably woudlnt be seen in dead Aldi!!!!)