Usernames

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well remembered TonyN. Mainly because I can be found searching for my ball somewhere in the back of the woods (but also partly because I hail from the heart of Sherwood Forest).

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
'Spoff' being the first half of my surname 'orth' being the rest of it.

Incidently Spofforth is a village near Harrogate and does have a golf course I beleive.

Anyone played it?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I was one of the first to create a user name on TGs new website, and Hapless Hacker was something that I was called by a friend of mine in one of my early games, and it wasn't used on TGs site by anyone else.

I just used it for this site when I signed up earlier in the year, and was surprised to see that it wasn't already in use.

Even now (particularly after last weekend) it still sometimes applies.

I use a different name for the Sailing Anarchy forum.

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
funnily enough my name is michael,so mick for short off most people apart from my mother and HID,i would feel a bit silly using a made up username so was glad when mick wasn't taken

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
middsdish.jpg

Making a Parmo involves deep-frying a flattened chicken or pork fillet in an egg and breadcrumb batter, then smothering it in Bechamel sauce before topping off with cheddar cheese (the original Parmos were topped with Parmesan cheese, hence the name) and then grilling or baking in the pizza oven. Originally veal was used but later this was replaced by pork. In more recent times chicken became an option.
:eek:

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm Alison Bacon and always insisted on the full Alison, then a young wag (?)at work in the time of ali G called me Ali B. At first I was 'black affronted' but then it came in handy as an abbreviation for texting, logging in etc.
I got used to it and these days I even answer to Ali.

Alison ;)

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
My surname is Woodhead... and when i was in thge RAF a collegue called me Timberbonce i thought it was really funny and original so i've used it ever since.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
mrobbie = Mike Robbie... Ingenious!

I had a variety of forum names over the years, but bought a privite number plate for the car a few years ago that spelt MROBBIE and stuck to that as the forum name.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Daughter used to watch the Simsons a lot i got into it through her. Homer saying Doh reminds me of what i used to call myself if i mess up on the golf course?? only saying Doh sounds better and it does not offend anyone.

evita4

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine is a piece of Medical equipment that I spend half my time repairing at work. Used it on many forums and seemed the obviuous no brainer easy choice for this forum.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm a big fan of Terry Wogan, and Gil Emott is my TYGG name (too young to be a TOGG), being named after the bird of a similar sounding name!

I used to be called Martha Tiddlefill on the BBC rugby pages before the old scrumV was shut down.

I just like plays on words.

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
I was given this name by a work mate after telling him where I lived, in a village called Rogiet in Monmouthshire ( pronounced by the locals roggit and by me to him as ro-jey, as a frenchman might say it or mrs bucket/bouquet from keeping up appearances would say it.) so he started calling me The Squire from the Shire.

I hope you can get that from my description.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Obvious with the Russ part and the big comes would you believe from the fact that i am........ yes you guessed it, BIG. At 6' 10" and around 22stone there isnt much else i can say or you can call me. Its a name that has followed me for as long as i can remember.(Also some others that i wont share with you).

6' 10" Russ ! Wow, that's seriously big.