Useful and Useless

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Useless - the heating controls. They are touch screen, tapping it once increases or decreases the temp by 0.5 degrees, so you are going tap, tap, tap to get it where you want it. if you tap too long it goes to 13 degrees or 29! It looks great, but your eyes are off the road far too long if you are trying to adjust it. Bring back dials!

VW Tiguan btw.
This is why we got rid of our one year old Golf R Line. Also Lane Assist which would have to be turned off every time you started the engine. Very annoying if you live in the country and have to move over to pass oncoming vehicles. Traded it in for a BMW 1 Series, a far better car.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Useful: A nice soft place to rest my left elbow. Soft door handle on the right serves same purpose.

Useless: Electric windows. Too fiddly to get them to the exact required height. Prefer a manual winder.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ill add android auto for one of the most useful

I have it in both my cars (came with)

dont use the built in Sat Navs. Maps are always up to date (download them aswell to save data) podcasts via for the journey to work plus the obvious hands free calling part

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Useful… Ford heated quick clear windscreens.
Useless… option to adjust the length of time the courtesy lights stay on once the car is locked 🤣🤷‍♂️
Agreed. I don't understand why this isn't included on all cars - the Ford patent must have expired ages ago. I mean, is there any car that doesn't have a heated rear screen? Surely having a clear view out the front is more important than the back?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed. I don't understand why this isn't included on all cars - the Ford patent must have expired ages ago. I mean, is there any car that doesn't have a heated rear screen? Surely having a clear view out the front is more important than the back?

Expired a fair few years ago, some other companies offer it as an optional extra.

The back is easier and cheap, standard isn't it? The way they do the front so you can't see the elements so easily is amazing

RichA

Visit site
I've never liked them. Dad's had Focuses for the last 15 years and I've driven them a lot at work. I really notice the elements when I'm looking through the windscreen.
My car doesn't have them and I've never had an issue with the conventional method taking any great amount of time to do the job.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
In my time as a driver I would say the improvements are Disc Brakes, Tyres, Electronic Ignition, Hydraulic Tappets and Heaters. The biggest miss is the starting handle!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Skoda Kodiak.
Useful: The umbrella stashed away in the driver's door. (Although the old Superb had one in both front doors ...)
Useless: All those features I've not found yet, or those I haven't bothered to find out what they are for? There's plenty of them and I've had the car two years. And a notable mention goes to the audible parking sensor - I wish it would beep when I'm getting close to something, rather than beeping just because I've entered the same county.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seat belt alarm in the back seats when folded down taking rubbish to the tip.
surely it knows the seats are down.
tell me once but the alarm just kept on going for 20mins nightmare.
VW T Cross.

remote venting in summer is brilliant.