Useful and Useless

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Most useful. A relatively large amount of horsepower and torque.

Least useful. Eco mode.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Useful - the steering on our Picasso. Full lock is about 1/2 a turn more than normal making manoeuvring in tight spaces a doddle.
Useless - every car I've had has rubbish drainage from the boot lid. If it rains and I open the boot there is always a stream trying to get down the back of my neck.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The most useless was on my Subaru Impreza in 1999. There was a massive "Bright" button in the central console which only increased the display brightness by a milli-watt :LOL:

Useful....on the QQ, I agree with the 360 cameras - makes parking a PoP. On the Audi, the little sunglasses roof hatch just in-front of the pan roof.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Useful: Head up display showing speed and speed limit, pilot assist on long journeys, 360 camera, and usual suite of Volvo safety systems

Useless: over reliance on infotainment screen - give me a couple of extra buttons please!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I once told the kids that with sat nav, adaptive cruise control, lane assist and braking assist I could get in the back. As I pretended to take off the seat belt to climb in the back with them they screamed.

D-S

Visit site
Most useless thing on a couple of Lexuses (or Lexi for Partridge fans) that I had was air conditioned black leather seats. They were hotter than the sun when you got in and then took about 20 minutes to eventually get any cooling by which time the car was already cool enough and then just made your bum numb.

Swango1980

Visit site
I once told the kids that with sat nav, adaptive cruise control, lane assist and braking assist I could get in the back. As I pretended to take off the seat belt to climb in the back with them they screamed.
My mate gave me a lift home from golf last week. At the time, I was watching a football match on Sky Go. He pointed to his dashboard and asked if my phone would sit there, so we could both watch it. I asked what on earth was he thinking. He somehow felt it would be OK, as he'd still watch the road, and he has cruise control and lane assist as a fall back.

I didn't oblige in his request.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Most useless thing on a couple of Lexuses (or Lexi for Partridge fans) that I had was air conditioned black leather seats. They were hotter than the sun when you got in and then took about 20 minutes to eventually get any cooling by which time the car was already cool enough and then just made your bum numb.
I fitted a set of them in my SAAB. They work really well.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dangerous rather than useless is the slight touch on the indicator stalk that sets the indicators flashing

Loved the rear view camera on my last car. The sensors on my current one are, useless going off way too early.

Hates
Seat belt alarms
I cannot move my car with the door open
Auto dipping rear view mirror

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Wife’s CX-3
Useless, the Boot, you couldn’t get A Pair of boots in it. It should be called Croc.That’s all that would fit in.
Usefull, nowt I cannot stand it.

Tashyboys Seat Leon.
Usefull, different driving modes, drop it into sport and it goes like the clappers when overtaking.
Useless, boot handle, always seems to stick up

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Useful - Adaptive Cruise Control. Long drives were murder on my sciatica, it would kick in after an hour or so. Now I can do over 2 hours at a stretch without feeling it. Total game-changer for me. Love the way it slows down and speeds up automatically.

Useless - the heating controls. They are touch screen, tapping it once increases or decreases the temp by 0.5 degrees, so you are going tap, tap, tap to get it where you want it. if you tap too long it goes to 13 degrees or 29! It looks great, but your eyes are off the road far too long if you are trying to adjust it. Bring back dials!

VW Tiguan btw.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Skoda Superb iV

Useful
- The ability to turn the heating or air conditioning on before you leave the house. Great for really hot or cold days. Adaptive Cruise Control. Great for long business journeys. Big boot, even with the additional batteries.

Useless - Rear window washer jet. If it is not used for a while, it rusts up and clogs. You can take it off to clean or replace but it's bad design. Because of the batteries, I can't carry a spare tyre. The batteries take up space where the spare tyre used to sit.

D

Deleted member 31467

Most useful - accelerator pedal

Most useless - indicators.........well it is a BMW :ROFLMAO:

Buckles01

Visit site
Useful… Ford heated quick clear windscreens.
Useless… option to adjust the length of time the courtesy lights stay on once the car is locked 🤣🤷‍♂️