US Open chat, comments, etc

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
after a decnt putting spell at the players i thought he was worth the punt i was obviously horribly wrong,and will never back the little spanish git again,on another note why do the commentators keep saying to hd viewers how good the pictures are i'm watching hd i know tell everyone else,or dont and get on with the golf

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats it then, This is why my putting starts great and I struggle for pace come 15 (well thats what i'm sticking with anyway) :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cloft... i did have mine as pig pis Practice is good performance is s*&t

Anyway, am out, anyone know wher I can see all the highlights tommorow ( in work on net?)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
No way that was harsh, Rose hits water, bounces out, comes to a stop and then like someone pulled it with string it shoots back into water. Gutted!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
not sure about that but did anyone just see his attempt with a hybrid over the water? It skipped across and then ran down the slope, was much closer to staying up than he thought- it would have been remarkable if it had stayed there. The trouble was the commentator called that exact shot where he said he might hit it to clean and not get the full distance- the curse in its true form. Rose doesn't seem 100% comfortable though no. He tried a practice swing of about 3 different lengths before hitting this shot I just described.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take it you saw it then Tony! What happened to you giving up for the night- to gripped on the action are we! Rose was desperately unlucky though, it actually seemed to stop for a moment on the bank and then began to roll and just gathered momentum. I don't think justin saw it skip across though.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I wanted to turn it off but just couldn't. Just checked the scores +8 for justin +7 for padraig whats going on?

Come on Westy, still got my 50p E/W on him!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with the golf, but does anyone else find the scrolling leader board at the top of the screen really annoying? It is much better at the bottom of the screen. Half the time you don't see the ball flight, or the pin, or the view, where as there is a space at the bottom of the screen which is empty, except for grass or sand. I feel I am watching through a letter box.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
high or low scoring? personally, because it suits the game I play, I like par golf winning tournaments. I dislike scores of -16 to -22 winning things.

The US Open is one of my more favoured viewing events because it normally provides a winning score close to par over the 4 rounds.