US Open chat, comments, etc

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok little place for us to all have a chat about the open.. anythin from coverage too scores... good shots too bad etc.

Talking of bad shots, only been watching for about half an hour and seen two stinkers. Immleman in a bunker approaching the short par 4 and I think it was cabrera pulled one of his tee shots way left. Is this first day nerves, do pro's get nervous?

Just goes to show though that these guys are human and the next time I pull my 3 wood, it wont seem to bad.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Edfors chunks his wood then duffs it sideways, whats going on?

As for streelman, he seems on fire, -3 and a huge putt that jumped out of the whole! Late night for me!!!!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am going to look like a Panda come Monday,will get no sleep at all.

There is nothing like a Major,you could feel it in the clubhouse this evening. Just something in the air.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did anyone see the guy who fluffed two consecutive chips? I can't remember his name but I couldn't believe it. It shows how tricky the rough must be.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
GGGGRRRRRR!!!!! Garcia is really testing my like for him tonight. SORT IT OUT.

Romero is battling to win me some money, good lad.

How hard is the 3rd hole!! And with all the snakes, no chance of me going down off the green to get my ball.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played with a guy today who got 80-1 on Karlsson!!

It all looks unplayable to me,not sure I could break 100 out there.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is with Garcia's putting. He misses by miles.

Aint seen it yet but I think rose has bogied the 2nd. He was 1 under after the first and the sky sports website has him level after 2.

He was only a few feet away after his second I think so has he made a dodgy 3 putt?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
SERGIO!!! Why? Why do you make it so painful to watch you at times and so good at others. That shank was as bad as me!!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Garcia's re-gripping habit is annoying me as well. The trouble is since I changed my grip I now do it once or twice when first setting up. I really need to get it out of my system and watching him do it 5 or 6 times a shot doesn't help.

Also is it me or are players finding it too easy out of the bunkers? I just saw justin Rose hit a great approach from a bunker and earlier in the day I saw someone struggle to reach the green when they hit it in the rough just off of the fairway about the same distance away. The bunkers seem to be a preferable option.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
NOOOOOO you said the J.R word.

I also do this re-grip thingy with the putter as I just changed and I find it a bit uncomfy at the moment but it is a great new grip.

Rose's bunker shot was ace. but what did he finish with on that (was it the second?)

Also, considering the greens are meant to be lightening quick, alot of putts are coming up way short!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi people! I have no idea what a sopcast is, nor any idea how I got it running, but I just managed to get the golf online. So here's to a few hours good viewing & good company.
Just in time to see Donald get back to back birdies....

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of interest do you guys watching think the course is playing/ going to play harder in the afternoon than it did in the morning? They have mentioned numerous times about the green drying out but I can't see much difference as yet.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did mention before that alot of putts where coming up way short so, is this eveidence of players struggling for pace? Its bound to change as the grass grows. ( can the grass grow enough in a day to change the pace notably)

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
wtf is garcia doing to me 40 quid i shot on him this afternoon,think i woke HID up twice screaming at the telly,other than him i'm enjoying the golf

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Untill Segio has a putting transplant, I will never back him. He missed a 3fter by a whole cup width that he could of tapped in with one hand!