US Open 2016

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't think they can think he grounded the club if they've seen what we have.

I'm wondering if maybe the ball touched the club? What's the rule there?

if he caused it to move and didn't replace it then it's a 2 stroke penalty

D

Deleted member 1740

I don't think they can think he grounded the club if they've seen what we have.

I'm wondering if maybe the ball touched the club? What's the rule there?

I'm sure if the putter had touched the ball he'd have known and made the ref aware of it at the time.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now Dj's head is all over the place, errant shots since being iformed they want to look at footage. Can t see what the issue is.did not addrees ball> unless he touched it but surely he would have called a penalty on himself. Its hotting up

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They have to prove that Dustin caused the ball to move after the rule change in January wouldn't they?

I think the issue might be that they're concerned they got the Lowry decision wrong in round 2 and need to even it up!

D

Deleted member 1740

yep basically they havent taken his word for it, have screwed with his head mid round, wont make a decision. we want to watch golf not pathetic rules discussions

Once the ref has given the decision, it must stand.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
They have to prove that Dustin caused the ball to move after the rule change in January wouldn't they?

I think the issue might be that they're concerned they got the Lowry decision wrong in round 2 and need to even it up!

I missed this, what happened in R2?

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lowry set up to putt then called a penalty on himself because ball moved.

I think he called this penalty incorrectly on himself because he didn't cause it to move. It just moved.

OldMate

Head Pro
Visit site
This is pretty disgusting, actually. Why let it go on? Surely they can review the footage and make a decision asap?

If DJ doesn't win this and there's no penalty, the USGA are going to take pelters, and rightly so.

And completely unfair on whoever else wins in that case because the whole thing is tainted

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
It's an utter shambles. DJ has been massively affected by this. Tell him now and he, and other members of the field, will know where they are.