US Masters 2024

The Lion

Visit site
What happened? I read he got very lucky on a few holes but it didn’t describe how.
Scottie was indeed REALLY lucky on those holes.

Dumped his tee shot in the bunker at the back of 12. Then his bunker shot came out slightly hot, yet disappeared down the pipe. Was going 6ft+ past.

Then on 13 he underhit his second into Rae’s Creek. However…it didn’t drop into the water and stayed on the bank. Cue a simple chip and another birdie.

So -2 over those two holes when at best it was +1. A HUGE difference!

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I know right.. professional players who can draw or fade a ball basically on command so can control in the wind (that's a light breeze)

Compared to the average golfer who pays good money to play in 30mph gusts where the ball flight is 70% chance
To be fair. The average golfer isn’t try to hit exact yardages into small areas very difficult greens.

It does look properly windy today.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Scheffler and McIlroy on the par 3 4th. The wind is howling right to left and Rory has just watched it carry Schefflers ball way left, and then hits the exact same shot. Far be it for a hacker like me to tell a major champion how to play golf but surely, you've just seen his ball sail on the wind, hit a cut against it. Or is a cut too girly? (sorry ladies).

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
Scheffler and McIlroy on the par 3 4th. The wind is howling right to left and Rory has just watched it carry Schefflers ball way left, and then hits the exact same shot. Far be it from a hacker like me to tell a major champion how to play golf but surely, you've just seen his ball sail on the wind, hit a cut against it. Or is a cut too girly? (sorry ladies).
Scottie tried to fade it and Rory hit it right to left.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Scheffler and McIlroy on the par 3 4th. The wind is howling right to left and Rory has just watched it carry Schefflers ball way left, and then hits the exact same shot. Far be it from a hacker like me to tell a major champion how to play golf but surely, you've just seen his ball sail on the wind, hit a cut against it. Or is a cut too girly? (sorry ladies).
Maybe he did, and didn’t get it right.

That tee shot is playing 250 yards today. Where they missed was not that bad a shot.

samthom99

Visit site
Yes, it's everything that golf has supposedly moved on from yet people still fawn over it.

Exclusive, artificial (they even pipe in the sounds of birds chirping ffs) and full of stupid "traditions". It's not even a full field either, I just don't get the love for the place.

They have great PR people though, I'll give them that.

edit: I'm sure I heard a commentator saying yesterday "His ball is in the patron observation deck." No, it's a f*cking grandstand ffs.
I get the feeling you dont like it?

At least its a full 72 hole competition and not a mickey mouse 54 hole pimped up golf competition.