US Masters 2024

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
What happened? I read he got very lucky on a few holes but it didn’t describe how.
He chipped in from the bunker on 12 - although that's not luck, he was trying to do that.
On 13 his second shot looked like it was heading for the creek but somehow managed to hang up on the bank.

Springveldt

Visit site
I enjoy the Masters but does anyone find some of the traditions, language around the tournament a bit cringe at this stage. Like calling spectators patrons, etc.

Also what are the thoughts on the caddies still wearing the boiler suits? Seen as a tradition but a bit of a throwback to the era of a caddy being treated like dirt in that part of the world, almost slave like.
Yes, it's everything that golf has supposedly moved on from yet people still fawn over it.

Exclusive, artificial (they even pipe in the sounds of birds chirping ffs) and full of stupid "traditions". It's not even a full field either, I just don't get the love for the place.

They have great PR people though, I'll give them that.

edit: I'm sure I heard a commentator saying yesterday "His ball is in the patron observation deck." No, it's a f*cking grandstand ffs.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, it's everything that golf has supposedly moved on from yet people still fawn over it.

Exclusive, artificial (they even pipe in the sounds of birds chirping ffs) and full of stupid "traditions". It's not even a full field either, I just don't get the love for the place.

edit: I'm sure I heard a commentator saying yesterday "His ball is in the patron observation deck." No, it's a f*cking grandstand ffs.
I mean, nobody is forcing you to watch it :)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
He is ?
No laying Up called him an insufferable dufus or similar yesterday.

What are your own personal views on him Backsticks, do you have any, or do you have to follow the lead from your podcasters of choice?

Personally, as I’ve stated on here before, I’ve done a ful 180 on BDC, and now have him as one of the most respectable and likeable guys in the pro game..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

It’s an extremely cheesy event, but that’s part of its appeal - and the course always looks spectacular on tv. I enjoy it for what it is, but a few of the aspects of it are definitely questionable.

The Butler Cabin winners interview is one of the biggest vom inducing things you could watch on television. :ROFLMAO:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s an extremely cheesy event, but that’s part of its appeal - and the course always looks spectacular on tv. I enjoy it for what it is, but a few of the aspects of it are definitely questionable.

The Butler Cabin winners interview is one of the biggest vom inducing things you could watch on television. :ROFLMAO:

Butlers Cabin, worst moment on the golf calendar 🤮🤣

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Jason Day setting a very, very, VERY high bar in the “Day 2 Ridiculous Golf Attire” competition…

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    645.8 KB · Views: 12
Visit site
Jason Day setting a very, very, VERY high bar in the “Day 2 Ridiculous Golf Attire” competition…

No such thing as bad publicity... But that's surely not going to make anyone visit Malbon's website :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone here been to Augusta?
I can't get over how they make it out to be the only place in the world with hills and wind. Yesterday they were bigging up the wind, camera cuts to the caddies and their overalls are perfectly still!

Are the pros just so spoilt with following the sun and playing in 25 degrees with 3 mph wind each week, that this is relatively like playing Burnham & Berrow in December?