Update

BFL

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys, just thought I would update on my progress. After buying some x14s off a forum member I've been practicing non stop. Spoke to a few pros and had a lesson(I have more booked but haven't had the time at weekends) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm loving the short game side of it and played a par 3 a couple of times.

1st time I played the course I scored 3 over after 9 holes and the 2nd time(today) I scored 4 over and hit my 1st birdy. It's not the longest course(longest hole is 120 yards) but the pro said its trick cos the greens are small.

anyway I'm really enjoying it and it's nice to get out:D

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi guys, just thought I would update on my progress. After buying some x14s off a forum member I've been practicing non stop. Spoke to a few pros and had a lesson(I have more booked but haven't had the time at weekends) and I'm really enjoying it. I'm loving the short game side of it and played a par 3 a couple of times.

1st time I played the course I scored 3 over after 9 holes and the 2nd time(today) I scored 4 over and hit my 1st birdy. It's not the longest course(longest hole is 120 yards) but the pro said its trick cos the greens are small.

anyway I'm really enjoying it and it's nice to get out:D

That's great to hear and honing your short game like you are is only going to stand you in good stead for the coming years

BFL

Club Champion
Visit site
That's great to hear and honing your short game like you are is only going to stand you in good stead for the coming years

I love the chipping side of the game tbh. I watched a tiger wood thing and he was saying he learnt from the green backwards, good enough for me lol

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
keep it up. the short game is imo the most fulfilling side of the game. playing a par 3 course is the best way to prepare when you play a full size course. hit the range if you can and learn to hit your driver or 3 wood well before playing a full size course. you will enjoy it all the more if you do this.

in fact, you might even start on a pretty good handicap. stay patient, and enjoy it! sounds like you already are! :thup: