Unreasonable delay for new irons???

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting snippet from the latest MyGolfSpy podcast...
There could be a shortage of golf balls this time next year due to supply of the raw materials involved.
Plenty at the moment but they think retail supply could begin to suffer in the Spring...

handy I just bought 8 dozen then ?

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nothing exceptional...
.5 longer
Oversize grips (Orange)
Blue dot
Graphite reg shafts
I was told 5 weeks which would have been 3rd June as well. I made it clear I wanted to know if this changed. Then got the call a couple of days later saying 8 weeks.
I assume you've chased the supplier to see what they say?

Next playing on Monday morning so will speak to the Pro and ask him to get an update from Ping.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
During my last conversation with Ping ( Thursday) re my problem. The guy at Ping did say that in all the years he has worked at Ping he has never known it to take so long for people’s orders to be sent out. They have had unprecedented demand.

gopher99

Visit site
I had a fitting for vokey wedges, the guy said it would be 6 weeks for the specs I wanted. I searched ebay and got them delivered within 2 days.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ordered mine 3rd May.
Saw your post and rang AG to see what's going on as I've seen several instances of people that ordered after me and getting their clubs.

The guy at AG said " Yeah, we expect them by the end of July, ok?"
Me . . "3 Months!, no it's not ok. If that's the case I'll cancel"
Him . . "Let me contact Ping in the morning and see what they say, I'll call you back tomorrow"

I know I won't get them any quicker by cancelling and ordering from elsewhere but, it'll make a point that it's NOT ok to tell you 5 weeks when you place your order, then 2 days later tell you 8 weeks, and now, after chasing them tell you 12 weeks.
I can get by with my old G30's in the meantime.

Just to make it clear, I'm realistic about delays etc.
What I'm annoyed about is being misled and strung along by AG, and the non existent communication.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
During my last conversation with Ping ( Thursday) re my problem. The guy at Ping did say that in all the years he has worked at Ping he has never known it to take so long for people’s orders to be sent out. They have had unprecedented demand.
Feedback my pro is getting from Ping is the demand for Elevate 95 shafts (in my case) is what’s delaying delivery so that it’ll be 8 weeks from fitting to delivery.

APD Golfer

Visit site
Had the same issue with Callaway APEX DCB's.
Had my club fitting at end of May. Stock Elevate 95 shafts, standard grips. Just a slight lie tweak.

Was quoted 6 weeks, called yesterday as was supposed to be collection delay. They are now saying early August.

My mate who ordered the same clubs but with different shafts and Mid-Size grips at the same time. His arrived on Wednesday.
Pretty pissed off, but nowt can do about it.

Visit site
I ordered Apex Pros/Project X IO’s (3-PW) and Apex hybrid with an Oban shaft, on 4th June. 0.25inch longer for the irons.

Confirmed yesterday that all heads and shafts have been received, except for the 3 iron shaft which is harder to obtain than gold dust atm. Actually not too bad really?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Ordered mine 3rd May.
Saw your post and rang AG to see what's going on as I've seen several instances of people that ordered after me and getting their clubs.

The guy at AG said " Yeah, we expect them by the end of July, ok?"
Me . . "3 Months!, no it's not ok. If that's the case I'll cancel"
Him . . "Let me contact Ping in the morning and see what they say, I'll call you back tomorrow"

I know I won't get them any quicker by cancelling and ordering from elsewhere but, it'll make a point that it's NOT ok to tell you 5 weeks when you place your order, then 2 days later tell you 8 weeks, and now, after chasing them tell you 12 weeks.
I can get by with my old G30's in the meantime.

Just to make it clear, I'm realistic about delays etc.
What I'm annoyed about is being misled and strung along by AG, and the non existent communication.

I don't think AG were stringing you on or misleading you. They're actually in the same boat, it's the manufacturer's that have the supply chain issue. AG can only supply to us when the manufacturers supply them. They are quoted a lead time when they place the order with the manufacturer, from there, they are entirely dependent in the manufacturer fulfilling the order on time. There are massive delay's with all the makers at present, first it was shafts, now grip's are a big issue. Apparently one of the main "ingredients" in the grip compound is also used in hand sanitizer, and supplies have been diverted in a big way at the expense of every thing else.

Maybe AG communications could be better, but I know at my local store they have an unprecedented number of back orders, and the time required makes it just physically impossible for them to call or even email everyone a regular update.

Had the same issue with Callaway APEX DCB's.
Had my club fitting at end of May. Stock Elevate 95 shafts, standard grips. Just a slight lie tweak.

Was quoted 6 weeks, called yesterday as was supposed to be collection delay. They are now saying early August.

My mate who ordered the same clubs but with different shafts and Mid-Size grips at the same time. His arrived on Wednesday.
Pretty pissed off, but nowt can do about it.

I was told a month back that Callaway had slipped their lead times to September, and the fitters are trying to steer customers away from ordering them for now. They are making the lead time clear for those that still want to order.

Even then, if Callaway, or any of the other brands are unable to meet the delivery date, and slip the order, you can't really blame AG. AG are however, left to bear the brunt of customer discord. My youngest works in the local store, and has had to deal with an abnormal amount of disgruntled customers and all the "discord" that comes with them. I know for sure that they would love to be able to call you and let you know your order is in sooner rather than later. They will contact you as soon as your order is available, but as I mentioned above, the delays are not their fault.

Maybe none of the above helps either of you. I am only trying to set a little perspective, I know all the team at my local store, they are nothing but friendly and helpful, but are often dealing with these kind of issues, which are not of their making.

On the plus side, maybe some supplies are starting to get through now. The irons I ordered in May were estimated for delivery around 25th July but arrived on Thursday.

I hope both of your orders are turn up soon too.

Last edited:

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive had similar with a club i ordered before the season. Estimated 5 weeks when i paid in full and got it after 8 or 9 after chasing it up regularly.

The thing i find bizarre is that some retailers dont seem to be phoning the manufacturers unless you push them to. If they take your money and no product has arrived by the estimated date they should be chasing up the manufacturer themselves without prompting.

There just seems to be an assumption that customers who handed over significant sums will be happy with the goods arriving at any random date in the future.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wouldn't pay upfront for golf equipment that had a long lead time.
My pro has been great keeping me updated with delivery.
Picked up my second glide wedge today. Great wedges. ?

APD Golfer

Visit site
I don't think AG were stringing you on or misleading you. They're actually in the same boat, it's the manufacturer's that have the supply chain issue. AG can only supply to us when the manufacturers supply them. They are quoted a lead time when they place the order with the manufacturer, from there, they are entirely dependent in the manufacturer fulfilling the order on time. There are massive delay's with all the makers at present, first it was shafts, now grip's are a big issue. Apparently one of the main "ingredients" in the grip compound is also used in hand sanitizer, and supplies have been diverted in a big way at the expense of every thing else.

Maybe AG communications could be better, but I know at my local store they have an unprecedented number of back orders, and the time required makes it just physically impossible for them to call or even email everyone a regular update.

I was told a month back that Callaway had slipped their lead times to September, and the fitters are trying to steer customers away from ordering them for now. They are making the lead time clear for those that still want to order.

Even then, if Callaway, or any of the other brands are unable to meet the delivery date, and slip the order, you can't really blame AG. AG are however, left to bear the brunt of customer discord. My youngest works in the local store, and has had to deal with an abnormal amount of disgruntled customers and all the "discord" that comes with them. I know for sure that they would love to be able to call you and let you know your order is in sooner rather than later. They will contact you as soon as your order is available, but as I mentioned above, the delays are not their fault.

Maybe none of the above helps either of you. I am only trying to set a little perspective, I know all the team at my local store, they are nothing but friendly and helpful, but are often dealing with these kind of issues, which are not of their making.

On the plus side, maybe some supplies are starting to get through now. The irons I ordered in May were estimated for delivery around 25th July but arrived on Thursday.

I hope both of your orders are turn up soon too.

Following my email sent to the store (was not AG), they called me yesterday and advised me that they are now taking the standard set of clubs off the shelf and adjusting them to my fitting.
These will be shipped out on Monday. I think it is more the frustrating side of handing over. large sum of money and being told we have to wait a further 4-5 weeks ontop of the original predictive delivery.
Basically, when we buy things, we like them straight away.
Maybe patience is a virtue :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yeh! Just had message from pro - my i210s are in ???

I will head off shortly to get em - i have been waiting since 8th April and of the five summer k/o comps I thought I had a chance of doing well in with my new bats…well…I’m ko’d of four of them…but QF of the fifth.

Mind you message also included the encouragement…’After today there are no excuses…’ gee ta ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's not just golf clubs. The kit we buy is manufactured to order in the USA and shipped over. The lead time on these has now gone out from 12 to 18 weeks. There are a number of reasons, but basically there is a big demand on things like Stainless Steel and electrical components. Add the fact that air freight is so expensive at the moment with minimum passenger flights and so more goods are going by sea which causes further delays as vessels are booked up.
We had one customer where the goods were delayed by about two months, and another has now been delayed by three months. It's not easy from the side of those selling the stuff either as they can only go on the lead times given to them by their supplier.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Would'nt it be brilliant to generate the Pros ball speed ( as on T.V.), it just seems so blooming effortless and not as if they're swinging out of their socks..does it??
So annoying..............I'm sure my swing's like that:whistle: