Unpopular opinions

D

Deleted member 1147

People who assess what golf clubs look great by looking at the back or sole of them is wrong. Pictures of clubs should be from above at address, thats the only look that actually matters
I’ve always thought this!

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Match play should be full allowance, none of this 7/8 or 4/5 of the difference.

You should be allowed a drop from a divot on the fairway.

Plastic tees should be banned.

Padraig Harrington overachieved.

Gary player is a pain in the arse.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting one that, I think wooden tees should be banned, they always break and leave a mess 'cos no one picks them up.
We had some spare money in one of the sections at my club and we were asked for suggestions as to what we could spend it on. One of them was tee tidies, the little cup type things you put broken tees in. The golf manager couldn't understand the need for them and said we should leave broken wooden tees on the tee box as the mowers will grind them up next time the greenkeepers are cutting the tees. I'd not heard of that before but that would address your concern.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So they'd all look pretty much the same?

depends what you see I guess. pretty sure Id tell the difference between my RS1s and a nice chunky GI iron though!!!! Ultimately its the only view that matters as its the only one I see when playing shots! I dont stand over it thinking wow that lime green paintfill on the sole looks so good :D

D

Deleted member 1147

So they'd all look pretty much the same?
A blade & a GI iron?
A Ping driver with the insect design & a classic pear shape headed driver?

No, different clubs have very different lines from above!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We had some spare money in one of the sections at my club and we were asked for suggestions as to what we could spend it on. One of them was tee tidies, the little cup type things you put broken tees in. The golf manager couldn't understand the need for them and said we should leave broken wooden tees on the tee box as the mowers will grind them up next time the greenkeepers are cutting the tees. I'd not heard of that before but that would address your concern.
We have them, alas they remain unused by many.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
People who assess what golf clubs look great by looking at the back or sole of them is wrong. Pictures of clubs should be from above at address, thats the only look that actually matters

depends what you see I guess. pretty sure Id tell the difference between my RS1s and a nice chunky GI iron though!!!! Ultimately its the only view that matters as its the only one I see when playing shots! I dont stand over it thinking wow that lime green paintfill on the sole looks so good :D

Surely those B51s give you a little thrill? ;)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
You should be allowed a drop from a divot on the fairway.

Genuine question but who decides what a divot is?
How hold does the divot have to be?
Do you get to clean the ball as well?
Do you get a drop if you are on the wrong fairway?
How many club lengths could you improve your angle by?

Basically this rule would have to become preferred lies on all fairways which is why it hasn't been put seriously considered.