Unpopular opinions

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
i find that quite strange, though ive never played it, i would love to.

isn't it the best course in the world?

History wise and the golfing experience IT is a must. I personally don't think that it is a great test of golf or a great layout. Obviously only my opinion, one which you may totally disagree with.

Big Jim

Visit site
History wise and the golfing experience IT is a must. I personally don't think that it is a great test of golf or a great layout. Obviously only my opinion, one which you may totally disagree with.

hope i may get the chance to play it myself one day, but very much doubt it, would be out of my league price wise.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Possibly because its neither a great test or a great course? Is my guess.
I guess it depends on how you define great course, most of the top pros seem to rate it more highly the more they play it.
In terms of great test, I do think its a pretty decent test of golf particularly if it blows a bit .
Everyone looks at winning scores with respect to par and thinks that if it is low it can't be a good test.
If you look at the total number of shots played by the winner it is usually comparable with other majors it scores low with respect to par because it has a par of 72 because they don't call there par 5's par 4 or their par 4's par 3 like some of the other courses.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I guess it depends on how you define great course, most of the top pros seem to rate it more highly the more they play it.
In terms of great test, I do think its a pretty decent test of golf particularly if it blows a bit .
Everyone looks at winning scores with respect to par and thinks that if it is low it can't be a good test.
If you look at the total number of shots played by the winner it is usually comparable with other majors it scores low with respect to par because it has a par of 72 because they don't call there par 5's par 4 or their par 4's par 3 like some of the other courses.

If you read my next post I'm also on record as saying that it's only my opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree.

There have been plenty of posts on TOC, happy to debate the pros and cons on one if them and leave this thread to run it's course.

👍

D

Deleted member 16999

People who missed or have forgotten this line in the opening post on a golf forum should be shot. ;)

“Just a bit of fun nothing serious”

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It is ok to have single gender golf clubs. Handicaps should be limited to 28. Driver heads should be reduced to 380cc and ball performance should be more closely regulated.