Bluetoons Motocaddy

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys
Here’s an update of what the Motocaddy & I have been up to in recent weeks.
The Motocaddy was a prize from GM at the beginning of the year and has probably been used about 40times since i got it, mainly on my Home course.

Played the Carnegie Shield at Royal Dornoch last week, this is a Major Amateur event which lasts a week and attracts players from all around the world, Its 2 days of stroke play with best 32 from each category qualifying for matchplay knockout. Consolation and practice days are also thrown in.
First qualifying round i started Par, triple, triple then put a reasonable round together and finished with Gross 85, net79. Second day started with a triple!!! Managed to finish with a gross 81 net 76 and somehow scraped into the Low category (0-9) matchplay event with a net 155.
My golf dramatically improved in the matchplay events, winning the first round 4&3, the second round 7&6. Couldn’t keep it going in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] round and was beat 3&2 by Kevin from California.
Not bad tho and 5 rounds on the championship course for £90 is not to be sniffed at.
Royal Dornoch was in tremendous condition and an absolute Joy to play, has gone to Number1 in my favourite course list. A must play for any serious golfer.
DSC06289.jpg

Played an 18 hole open at Crudenbay a few weeks ago and got a 0.2 cut for my effort, it was a round that could have been so much better as i was 3 over standing on the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] and staring at a share of the prizes but managed to blow it and finished double bogey, double bogey. The last 2 holes were into a stiff breeze and played pretty long, i hit poor tee shots into thick rough and just made poor club after that. Pity really as i have never played well at Crudenbay due to its quirky nature and blind shots, it was another round of what could have been and thankfully the visitors CSS was high so still managed a cut.
DSC05852.jpg

I’ve also taken the Motocaddy around a few of our local courses and put plenty of mileage on it, its still a thing of beauty and behaves impeccably. Needless to say i’m still a happy bunny and the trolly really is a joy to use.

Here's a link to more Dornoch photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/115042...authkey=Gv1sRgCJDRq9LVgZjvzwE&feat=directlink

Here's a link to more trolly photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/115042...authkey=Gv1sRgCILL3r6w7uL2iAE&feat=directlink

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its a great course isn't it, can be sole destroying at times, a mate of mine off 3 shot 96 first time round there and played well (Smile)

going there for a game next week, always fun to play, glad the trolley is still going strong

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
gotta agree with you bluetoon dornoch best course ive played , but also loved cruden ,theres not that many blind shots there, the 3rd tee shot, and the strange par 3, but to me cruden is up there, very good and quirky but thats what links golf is all about, the 1st par3 ,on the eye is a good a par 3 as you will see