Unlimited golf

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
Afternoon all,

I'm looking at going abroad for 3 or 4 nights to play golf with a friend and have seen a lot of different offers available. I have seen a lot that are 4 nights 3 rounds or 3 nights and 2 rounds but I am finding myself more tempted with the unlimited golf offers.

Having never been abroad to play golf, 3 rounds in 4 days usually enough? Can you realistically play more than a round a day?

I dont want to shell out for unlimited golf if we only end up playing 3 or 4 times.

Cheers

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
It really depends on yourself and you're playing partner. If you're going to have a few sherbets each night, waking up feeling worse for wear. 3 out of 4 is all good.
If your both hardcore golfers and fancy 18 in the morning, then 18 later each day then you'll want unlimited.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Buggies or walking? Makes a difference if playing twice a day every day!

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
If it's hot and you're walking, forget unlimited golf, even having a buggy in the heat you'll struggle to get overly excited about 36 in a day.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Been to Turkey and Spain a few times, chances of 'unlimited golf' as we know it are remote. As others have said, the heat and how the busy the courses are generally dictate just the 18 holes a day. If you're keen though, the right place will have decent practice facilities to enable a bit more golfing time. Why not have a conversation with a decent golf travel company to see if 'unlimited' really is 'unlimited'?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
In my experience, even when you have "unlimited" golf, you still have to book tee times.
So if they are busy, chances are you'll not get more than one a day anyway.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Generally you book 1 round a day in advance and have to book the second daily round on the day, so it all depends on how busy it is. I've heard from people who have done it and they struggled to get 2 rounds in one day either because the initial booked times were too late to allow a 2nd round (bearing in mind these could be 5 hr+ rounds and you'd need lunch etc) or there was no availability for a full afternoon round before it got dark. I wouldn't pay extra for it as there is no guarantee that you will get the tee times.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Amendoeira offers unlimited golf if you struggle to get out a second time, there is an under visited academy course. Only need a few wedges.
Plenty of water and interesting small holes.