UK Weather Maps

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoyed Two Doors Down last night...and it's all troooo - Glasgow suburbia is just like that. :) Plus Elaine C Smith uses the F word to Glaswegian perfection..the cast must have a hoot recording it....taking the gentle P out of real Glasgow characters - even though it's set in Paisley so they are all Buddies - who would never take for being called Glaswegian :)

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Enjoyed Two Doors Down last night...and it's all troooo - Glasgow suburbia is just like that. :) Plus Elaine C Smith uses the F word to Glaswegian perfection..the cast must have a hoot recording it....taking the gentle P out of real Glasgow characters - even though it's set in Paisley so they are all Buddies - who would never take for being called Glaswegian :)

I just find it embarrassing. ;)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
One for the weather map/football pendants.

Stranraer v Berwick Rangers.

or

Southend United v Yeovil.

Without external help or consulting the old BBC weather map........which set of fans has the longer journey.

The trouble is that I can choose not to watch those games but when its on the news they often have more important stuff to follow Scottish football like a good news story of a poodle skateboarding in Taunton. 😁

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can I be the first person (and English to boot) to point out you only need to read as far as the second paragraph in Doon's Bellacaledonia link to get to the first factual inaccuracy!

How jolly irritating that these Scottish johnnies can never bother to get English geography correct ... :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unusual for Bella to get things wrong.

If you mean Lizard Point and Lands End {Scots equiv. Dunnet Head and John o' Groats], that would be amazingly petty.:lol:
If not please enlighten us.

Ps What is the second factual inaccuracy.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unusual for Bella to get things wrong.

If you mean Lizard Point and Lands End {Scots equiv. Dunnet Head and John o' Groats], that would be amazingly petty.:lol:
If not please enlighten us.

Ps What is the second factual inaccuracy.

Well, it's correct that Lizard Point is further south than Lands End but southernmost point of United Kingdom is actually in the Scilly Isles. (Interesting that he chose an island for the north but the mainland for the south? To make sure the point was made perhaps?) No matter, my reckonning is that half way still falls somewhere not so far from Lockerbie.

Did l actually say there was a second :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, it's correct that Lizard Point is further south than Lands End but southernmost point of United Kingdom is actually in the Scilly Isles. (Interesting that he chose an island for the north but the mainland for the south? To make sure the point was made perhaps?) No matter, my reckonning is that half way still falls somewhere not so far from Lockerbie.

Did l actually say there was a second :)

Thank you for putting the record straight, of course the Scilly Isles should have been included in the calculations.:thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just realised that under the new BBC weather map order, Glasgow and Edinburgh are in the Midlands and Liverpool and Manchester in the South.:rofl:

But when I was a wee lad we used to visit our relatives 'down south' - in Southport. Until I was 18 (when I went to Wembley for a game against the Auld Enemy) I didn't know anything of England south of Chester Zoo - England south of Chester and Wales were lands of which I knew absolutely nothing beyond stuff on TV but that was it :)

Last edited: