UK Weather Maps

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Proof, if any further were needed, just what pathetic/irrelevant nonsense some of us Scots can get a chip on our shoulder about!!!! :rofl:

As a Scot I think this thread is slightly embarrassing.

You're not the only one!

Oh I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone knows Doon is the forum's care in the community project.

As an Englishman living in Scotland, this is the only place I encounter this constant 'poor us' attitude.

Ditto

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to hazard a guess here and say no one would notice/give a toss:rolleyes:

Would be my guess as well. It's only a weather map, it could've been drawn out of minecraft style blocks and it would've made no difference.

As Billy Connolly said, he's a Scot I believe, if you want to know the weather stick your head out the window.

Last edited:

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Honestly Doom trust me we wouldn't.

As I said all it does is highlight how easily us Scots get chip on our shoulder and extrapolate some crazy conclusions from it.

You should be embarrassed trying to defend it tbh
Interesting, so the decision by Tesco & Co to remove Saltires from their packing due to the number of complaints in England would....well rather destroy your argument. Just one eg.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting, so the decision by Tesco & Co to remove Saltires from their packing due to the number of complaints in England would....well rather destroy your argument. Just one eg.

Sorry but I am calling poppycock on that... My larder/freezer has got plenty of products with the Saltire proudly displayed on the packaging... Some of it having been purchased from Tesco as well...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but I am calling poppycock on that... My larder/freezer has got plenty of products with the Saltire proudly displayed on the packaging... Some of it having been purchased from Tesco as well...

OK.. Just googled it... And, it would appear previously, Scottish grown soft fruits got a Saltire on the packaging whereas anywhere else in the UK got the Union Flag... Perhaps they might of considered giving each regions grower the appropriate flag but can understand them just standardising it...

Jeepers... The shelves are full of Scotch whisky and I've never heard/seen any complaints about that...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You're not the only one!

I always thought the complaints about the weather map rather confected and sad - mind you having lived in the south of England for nearly 35yrs I find a lot of the whinging from my fellow Scots at Home rather confected and sad as it diverts attention from real and important issues.

U

User62651

I always thought the complaints about the weather map rather confected and sad - mind you having lived in the south of England for nearly 35yrs I find a lot of the whinging from my fellow Scots at Home rather confected and sad as it diverts attention from real and important issues.

Never heard one complaint about a weather map before I read this thread.
If you're living down there how are you getting news of all this apparent whinging up here? Right wing English media perhaps? Any whinging is likely coming from SNP politicians, not general populace.
How does whinging divert attention? - surely it raises attention, if you make no noise, no-one cares.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
When the BBC last updated the weather map in May 2005 there were many complaints because of the way the map was slanted leading to the North of Scotland, particularly the Northern Isles, appearing much smaller in ratio than the Southern edge of the British Isles. The BBC did attempt to fix it by effectively moving the viewing angle further north thus reducing the distortion somewhat. The new, current map has now fixed the problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4556025.stm

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm more perturbed that the BBC news, on a Sunday tea time, always show a score and a clip from a Scottish football match as if anyone cares about Scottish football! 😁

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But that’s what the regional news is for. Poole town don’t get shown on national TV, so why should rangers ??

My god this is like wading through treacle.
Rangers have around the 7th biggest home attendance in the UK. Averaging around 48k [?]
What is Poole Town's average attendance 500 [?]

[Can't believe I actually had to reply to that] :whistle: