UK Weather Maps

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see your local 'big soccer team' pull in crowds of around 10k but still manage to be half way up the EPL......decent effort that.
Bournemouth?? About 13k ish until they build a new stadium. It’s not about attendance, it’s about TV money, that & paying your tax bill :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Never heard one complaint about a weather map before I read this thread.
If you're living down there how are you getting news of all this apparent whinging up here? Right wing English media perhaps? Any whinging is likely coming from SNP politicians, not general populace.
How does whinging divert attention? - surely it raises attention, if you make no noise, no-one cares.

I recall that there was a lot when the BBC chanaged to the overfly graphics with the UK tilted.

And over the period of 35yrs I've lived down south - I have been home in Scotland quite a lot - and especially over the last 3yrs a lot. And when I am out and about I hear a lot of whinging and frankly rubbish talked about England and the English. And it irritates me. because there are genuine issue and concerns - but these can be drowned out by the rubbish and - frankly - anti-English prejudice.

Last edited:

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Never heard one complaint about a weather map before I read this thread.
If you're living down there how are you getting news of all this apparent whinging up here? Right wing English media perhaps? Any whinging is likely coming from SNP politicians, not general populace.
How does whinging divert attention? - surely it raises attention, if you make no noise, no-one cares.
Err no. Never seen a politician going on about it, but it's frequently talked about on social media by average joes

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But that’s what the regional news is for. Poole town don’t get shown on national TV, so why should rangers ??

Exactly, although, Melchester rovers, or whatever they're called are also shown, why are english regional games good enough to be left in your opinion? Why do Scots have to suffer guff FA cup games, but you don't get the Scottish cup?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly, although, Melchester rovers, or whatever they're called are also shown, why are english regional games good enough to be left in your opinion? Why do Scots have to suffer guff FA cup games, but you don't get the Scottish cup?

Scottish BBC 1 showed 2 hours of Swansea v Notts County on prime time evening TV the other night.
That would be similar to England/Wales viewers watching. Kilmarnock v East Fife.

How much would you enjoy that ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Scottish BBC 1 showed 2 hours of Swansea v Notts County on prime time evening TV the other night.
That would be similar to England/Wales viewers watching. Kilmarnock v East Fife.

How much would you enjoy that ?
9 goals, what’s not to like :thup:

D

Deleted member 16999

8 for on side, sounded like an absolutely spiffing game.
As a nuetral it was. :thup:
Because the BBC won the contract to show the FA Cup they have to, they would have to pay a fine/levy etc to the FA if they didn’t.

The BBC had to choose from 4 poor replays.

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Anyway - I watch Sportscene on iPlayer (that music!!!!???) - so last weekend was a quite goodie for me - with the Weegie Bros both being beat - pity the Jambos turned over my bunch of Fermers. But there you go - can't have everything.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One for the weather map/football pendants.

Stranraer v Berwick Rangers.

or

Southend United v Yeovil.

Without external help or consulting the old BBC weather map........which set of fans has the longer journey.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
One for the weather map/football pendants.

Stranraer v Berwick Rangers.

or

Southend United v Yeovil.

Without external help or consulting the old BBC weather map........which set of fans has the longer journey.

I'd reckon on about four hours for the Yeovil fans to get to the glorious estuary town of Southend...

Can't help you with the other bit...