UK Weather Maps

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still can't understand why folk are interested in national forecasts [whatever the mapping] when local weather forecast is more pertinent...

Is it just for wanting to feel disadvantaged...

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because some people travel and like to know what its like where they're going to.
That’s a very valid point, but do they then think “ that place has shrunk, therefore I need rethink my travel time?”
I bet they just take no notice of the pictorial depiction and carry on.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I guess this thread proves the stereotypical view that the British are obsessed with the weather and whinging

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nope.........it's Carlisle. ;). 28 miles from Lockerbie.

Obsessive that l am, I've worked it out ...

Using latitude & longitude co-ordinates, the northernmost and southernmost points are 1274km apart - as the crow flies. Halfway point is at 55.21N; 03.36W. Which is at drum-roll ...........

near as dammit at Johnstonebridge services on the M74 about 16km north of Lockerbie

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Using latitude & longitude co-ordinates, the northernmost and southernmost points are 1274km apart - as the crow flies. Halfway point is at 55.21N; 03.36W. Which is at drum-roll ...........

near as dammit at Johnstonebridge services on the M74 about 16km north of Lockerbie

Second best services in the UK, after Tebay.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Good man.

I was once told that I was obsessed with numbers. I was never quite sure if it was a compliment.:lol:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s a very valid point, but do they then think “ that place has shrunk, therefore I need rethink my travel time?”
I bet they just take no notice of the pictorial depiction and carry on.

Kent did not shrink....it was simply corrected to it's proper size by the BBC. [after 13 years thinking about it] ;)