UK Weather Maps

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really....https://inews.co.uk/news/new-look-bbc-weather-obliterates-birmingham-shrinks-kent-viewers-complain/

And that is just making the scale correct.........imagine the outrage if England was reduced by a further 20% and Scotland was enlarged by 20% on the new maps

I'm assuming (can't access the link on my phone) it is the same insignificant number of saddos with nothing better to do complaining as the 4,000 Scots?

Hardly "outrage" or "up in arms is it"

Feel free to continue illustrating my point beautifully though :thup:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I rarely watch the weather, I normally just go online for the weather forecast for the golf course.
If I do happen to catch the weather on the TV I only watch it on ITV when Lucy Verasamy is presenting and I ain’t looking at no map!!! ;)

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a good view of the Isle of Wight from my bedroom window and I can confirm that it has not shrunk since lunchtime.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Christ, some people need to get a life!

It’s obvious everything is going to be smaller in Scotland as it’s continuously colder, and we all know that things are not as big as they should be in the cold, maybe that’s where your brain went, it shrunk inside out 😜

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm assuming (can't access the link on my phone) it is the same insignificant number of saddos with nothing better to do complaining as the 4,000 Scots?

Hardly "outrage" or "up in arms is it"

Feel free to continue illustrating my point beautifully though :thup:

The main complaints are that Kent "has shrunk a bit" and that the labels for the major cities cover up large parts of the map - such as "Birmingham" covers much of Wales, and "Plymouth" covers much of the south coast. Not really any major complaints there, just about the aesthetics of the map.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The main complaints are that Kent "has shrunk a bit" and that the labels for the major cities cover up large parts of the map - such as "Birmingham" covers much of Wales, and "Plymouth" covers much of the south coast. Not really any major complaints there, just about the aesthetics of the map.

As I said, the BBC have corrected an error.
If the old scale was applied in reverse to todays new maps it then would show England 20% smaller and Scotland 20% larger.
The natives would be howling.:lol:

D

Deleted Member 1156

As a Scot I think this thread is slightly embarrassing.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the old scale was applied in reverse to todays new maps it then would show England 20% smaller and Scotland 20% larger.
God you really dont know when to give it a rest. And you wonder why many English have a problem with some Scots?

D

Deleted member 15344

I suspect the natives would give two hoots - I suspect it will only be the sad bitter old people with a massive chip on their shoulder that would be that bother about a graphic on a weather map - sad that you feel this is newsworthy and I suspect your fellow countrymen will be embarrassed about you

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not if the natives on this thread are anything to go by. There seems to be 100% agreement that no one actually gives a toss. It's a picture on a TV screen showing their best guess at what the weather will be like. No one cares. Apart from you it would seem.

And even the "complaint" about Kent wasn't actually a "complaint" when you read the quote......

"[FONT=&quot]New @bbcweather graphics are extremely swish, but as a Kent resident, the new flat map profile takes a bit of getting used to. We've shrunk a bit"[/FONT]

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not if the natives on this thread are anything to go by. There seems to be 100% agreement that no one actually gives a toss. It's a picture on a TV screen showing their best guess at what the weather will be like. No one cares. Apart from you it would seem.

And even the "complaint" about Kent wasn't actually a "complaint" when you read the quote......

"[FONT="]New @bbcweather graphics are extremely swish, but as a Kent resident, the new flat map profile takes a bit of getting used to. We've shrunk a bit"[/FONT]

Bravo but you have to admire his persistent fishing trips