Uk golf break

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cleobury Mortimer could be another worth looking at, stay on site,

+1 for Greetham, only downside is it's in the middle of nowhere, so your stuck with their bar prices

sunshine

Visit site
I’ve played and stayed at the vale a few times. Not going to blow your socks off but I think what you get for what you pay it struggles to be beaten

I've stayed and played at the Vale a few times and it is much better value than Celtic Manor in my opinion. I wouldn't bother with the Lakes course, see if you can play the Wales National only. It can get very wet though so you need to watch the weather.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I've stayed and played at the Vale a few times and it is much better value than Celtic Manor in my opinion. I wouldn't bother with the Lakes course, see if you can play the Wales National only. It can get very wet though so you need to watch the weather.

I agree, but I don’t rate Celtic manor at all, I can play it for free as my company has a corporate membership and very rarely bother.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We’ve gone for The Vale, but the Worcestershire one rather than Wales! One of the lads lives about an hour from us and the tee times available on the Sunday would’ve meant he’d be getting home about 8 if we’d gone much further.

Booked direct, £112 each, loads cheaper than the ones we were being offered by the operators for inferior courses as well.

Thanks for the suggestions ??

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah cracking place. Dave the pro is a great bloke, sorted me out for tee times many times when the covid restrictions eased and I wasn't a member anywhere.

Yeh, same here. Their deal with breakfast is great too! I’d join in a heartbeat if I lived a bit closer!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I organise one every year. My record is £99 for two night accomodation and three rounds of golf about four years ago. It's still spoken about ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just been scrolling through this thread for some ideas for my 30th in September....

Recently played a few of the suggestions... really stuck where to go! :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

We have just come back from Hawkstone Park

Really impressed

Two very decent Course - both very different, one a more modern layout , open - the other tree lined , tight

Hotel was nice , rooms decent , food and service was very good , prices not too silly

£150 for two rounds and a night stay was great value

Highly recommend

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site
Another vote for The Vale. Two courses (prefer the shorter Lakes course personally), nice hotel and our one-nighter included a good breakfast and first class evening meal. Very friendly staff.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I really enjoyed Goodwood golf and hotel. Pretty good deals to be had there too.
Beat deal if you don't care about good accommodation is Farthingstone. Course and food good.
Neither of which are an hour from Birmingham, but not sure if that's still a requirement.

Newtonuti

Visit site
We have just come back from Hawkstone Park

Really impressed

Two very decent Course - both very different, one a more modern layout , open - the other tree lined , tight

Hotel was nice , rooms decent , food and service was very good , prices not too silly

£150 for two rounds and a night stay was great value

Highly recommend
The Hawkstone Course is stunning, that big par 5 going down through the Folly's :love: