Tyrell Hatton - Love him or hate him!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
What i do like is that he has his moan, whinge, rant but then moves on
As said previously, it's his release and it's something that I do.
Get the frustration out - move on.
What I don't like is that he's in danger of becoming the new Monty - any minute thing that isn't 100% right gets the treatment....
He needs to reign it in a bit but, on the whole, I dont have a problem with it...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to find him irritating, the way he moaned about shots that looked perfectly acceptable. But over time he's kind of grown on me, he's very self-deprecating and sarcastic which I find quite funny.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I never get when people say they hate someone, that’s just crazy when you’ve never met the person, I don’t mind Hatton bit petulant and every put he misses is not his fault that gets tiresome but also amusing sometimes.

We need characters in sport not robots and golf has to many boring players.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I have some sympathy for him. Its hard to not crack at times when you hit every putt perfectly but they dont all drop.
Greenkeepers certainly have it in for him.

When a putt that he has correctly identified as breaking right to left, breaks left to right. When a putt hit with the correct pace to drop, slows up a foot from the hole. When a putt hit dead centre catches the rim, horseshoes, and stays out. Or when a put hit dead strays slaloms about as if it is a snake and misses the hole by 6". It happens to him all the time, but never to other golfers.

I would have the sky commentators apologising for any language you may have overheard that may cause offence too, if what happens to him happened to me.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to find him irritating, the way he moaned about shots that looked perfectly acceptable. But over time he's kind of grown on me, he's very self-deprecating and sarcastic which I find quite funny.
Yes I agree with this.
Also he’s at Work ! How many of us don’t have a bit of a huff when things go wrong in work.
Its not his fault the TV director shows his antics.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm a Tyrell Hatton fan, but sometimes he just needs to take a deep breath and think before he acts.
On Saturday he bashed the green with his putter, not enough to mark it I don't think, but he still did it, thats inexcusable for me.
To me the way he behaves is a sign off weakness, If I seen someone at work doing that, I'd think what an absolute Beep, no control over his emotions in pressure situations, what would he be like in a real crisis.
He's a great golfer, but maybe seen someone to help him with his emotions might get him over the line in a Major.

D

Deleted member 18121

For me he's an X rated version of Jordan spieth.... That self deprecating type of person, but in this instance he has a potty mouth.

He's an entertaining watch.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes I agree with this.
Also he’s at Work ! How many of us don’t have a bit of a huff when things go wrong in work.
Its not his fault the TV director shows his antics.
He's at work in a public facing position.
Most employers would take a dim view of an employee who let out a stream of profanities to the public at work.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a Tyrell Hatton fan, but sometimes he just needs to take a deep breath and think before he acts.
On Saturday he bashed the green with his putter, not enough to mark it I don't think, but he still did it, thats inexcusable for me.
To me the way he behaves is a sign off weakness, If I seen someone at work doing that, I'd think what an absolute Beep, no control over his emotions in pressure situations, what would he be like in a real crisis.
He's a great golfer, but maybe seen someone to help him with his emotions might get him over the line in a Major.
Yes John Rham used to be like this.
But since he changed his reactions he’s turned into a world class golfer.
Hatton could do the same imo.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's at work in a public facing position.
Most employers would take a dim view of an employee who let out a stream of profanities to the public at work.
He’s talking to himself mostly.
I hear what you’re saying but it’s microphones that pick most of it up.
Has anyone ever complained at the venues?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He’s talking to himself mostly.
I hear what you’re saying but it’s microphones that pick most of it up.
Has anyone ever complained at the venues?
I have no idea if people have complained locally or not, but he is fully aware that his matches are broadcasted and he derives a very good living partially as a result of them being broadcasted.