Two sided putter

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Hi, my putter yips have returned and continue to ruin my short putts, including tap ins. I’m right handed and even yip if I go left hand low ☹️
So, I’ve been using my cheapo left handed putter for a couple of rounds, I putt it with a right handed grip, ie right hand low on it and the difference on short putts is amazing.
But even though my left handed stroke is much better than my right handed one, I can’t get distance control.
So I’ve been looking at modern Bullseye type putters, Bell, Seemore, Magic, to play with a two sided putter, rather than take two putters on the green with me ?
Any recommendations? Anyone use one?
Thanks

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Why get a modern one?
The technology in a double sided putter is limited, go for the original and best, a John Letters Golden Goose can be picked up for very little money on eBay etc.
Or you could try a Cash-In, another very solid performer.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep, Simple Blade Putter can work miracles.
I loaned a Bettinardi double sided (pure) blade one to a guy with a serious case of the yips some time ago and he worked out that putting left-handed was the solution.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, Simple Blade Putter can work miracles.
I loaned a Bettinardi double sided (pure) blade one to a guy with a serious case of the yips some time ago and he worked out that putting left-handed was the solution.
That was the solution I eventually found and reported here some time ago.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Why get a modern one?
The technology in a double sided putter is limited, go for the original and best, a John Letters Golden Goose can be picked up for very little money on eBay etc.
Or you could try a Cash-In, another very solid performer.

Someone gave me one of those. This is the only use I found for it, no good for putting at all!

Attachments

• IMG_20211229_150948.jpg
    IMG_20211229_150948.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 34

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Does a double sided putter count as two clubs out of the 14 permissible?
It's the only club that's allowed to have a striking face on either side, and it counts as just the one club. :)

You might see some chippers for sale that are 2 faced, these are non conforming clubs and cannot be used in competitions
Apologies for using the C word

4LEX

Visit site
I used a blade putter when I was struggling and it made a big difference. The feedback you get is instant and you know if you've pushed or pulled putts.