Written reminder on putter cover

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Evening, slightly odd question, but, I'm a putting yipper in recovery ? I bought a two sided putter so I'm able to putt left handed as well as right handed, to escape from right handed yips.
I've found though that because of the fall back of having a left handed option, I'm tending to yip less (touch wood) so am putting RH during games and matches, almost to the point that even if my putting is off I'm sticking to RH, when actually I'd probably be better off going LH especially on fast greens.
Is it against the rules to pop a sticker on my putter cover with the words Try LH. Just to remind me I have the option? I've read the equipment rules and giving advice, but can't find anything.
Thanks.

Steven Rules

Visit site
Perfectly ok. And kudos to you for attempting to research the rules for yourself first before posting here.

Rule 4.3a(3).

Allowed and Prohibited Uses of Equipment

Information Gathered Before or During Round.

Allowed.
Using information that was gathered before the round (such as playing information from previous rounds, swing tips or club recommendations)

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Evening, slightly odd question, but, I'm a putting yipper in recovery ? I bought a two sided putter so I'm able to putt left handed as well as right handed, to escape from right handed yips.
I've found though that because of the fall back of having a left handed option, I'm tending to yip less (touch wood) so am putting RH during games and matches, almost to the point that even if my putting is off I'm sticking to RH, when actually I'd probably be better off going LH especially on fast greens.
Is it against the rules to pop a sticker on my putter cover with the words Try LH. Just to remind me I have the option? I've read the equipment rules and giving advice, but can't find anything.
Thanks.

Superb! That raised a smile - a sympathetic one, to be sure.
I guess you'll have a Sharpie for marking your golf balls. How about writing L-E-F-T across backs of your fingers? As a bonus to reminding to putt with the left one, it will also remind you which hand is which.

rosie

Hacker
Visit site
Superb! That raised a smile - a sympathetic one, to be sure.
I guess you'll have a Sharpie for marking your golf balls. How about writing L-E-F-T across backs of your fingers? As a bonus to reminding to putt with the left one, it will also remind you which hand is which.
Maybe a tattoo ?
Its bizarre, I putted LH all winter, but it now doesn't occur to me to swap if my RH putting is off. Probably my age and memory ?

Steven Rules

Visit site
There was a fad for double faced chippers for a while and it seems they are still being sold.
....but they are illegal, people, so if you see one don't buy it. The clubhead must have only one striking face. (Not applicable to putters as stated above.)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have/had the same problem as Rosie. I found a very old two faced putter. Left handed for under 15', right for longer puts.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I once offered to loan/sell a Bettinardi (Riviera) bullseye putter to a club member who had acquired the yips. He was also using a right-handed putter for long putts and a lefty for short ones. He eventually went fully left-handed.