Two questions about competitions...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Again, given the small and personal nature of our club, I don't think this is a route I'd be comfortable going down. Spineless? That's me.

You wimp!

At least write a letter pointing out the stupidity of their actions - both the retrospective nature and the (lack of) appeals process - and, having decided to not 'rock the boat' in this case, expect assurance that such unjust activity be prevented from happening in future! Wouldn't be a bad idea to point out that their right to manage handicaps is only delegated from (and can be removed by) the Area Authority, so any appeals regarding unjust rulings re competitions (and handicaps) would also be copied to that body. That should at least remind them of the boundaries of their authority and responsibilities!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You wimp!

At least write a letter pointing out the stupidity of their actions - both the retrospective nature and the (lack of) appeals process - and, having decided to not 'rock the boat' in this case, expect assurance that such unjust activity be prevented from happening in future! Wouldn't be a bad idea to point out that their right to manage handicaps is only delegated from (and can be removed by) the Area Authority, so any appeals regarding unjust rulings re competitions (and handicaps) would also be copied to that body. That should at least remind them of the boundaries of their authority and responsibilities!

they aren't ruling on anything but 'club matters' so dragging all this into it is simply silly

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i had my two playing partners both bail out on me last year at my previous club,one after shooting 105 in the first round developed a bad foot ( he played in the midweek comp though) the other just couldn't be bothered turning up for the second 18 as his head was cabbaged!!!!!!!,neither was given any punishment even though i had to have a marker for the second round.