TV Golf Channel

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am with Virgin and this month it's gone up to £95. A £20+ of that is paying for the Sports channel. I don't watch any sport other than golf and it p**** me off that I am paying the the premier league which I do not watch or want. I am looking at options e.g. possibly TV / BB / Telephone from different suppliers. Where can I get just the golf channel i.e. pay less because I am just paying for the golf channel?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am with Virgin and this month it's gone up to £95. A £20+ of that is paying for the Sports channel. I don't watch any sport other than golf and it p**** me off that I am paying the the premier league which I do not watch or want. I am looking at options e.g. possibly TV / BB / Telephone from different suppliers. Where can I get just the golf channel i.e. pay less because I am just paying for the golf channel?
I sympathise with you. I too have no interest in football but am paying just under £100 for Sky. Unfortunately I do not appear to have any other option as our internet is too slow to live stream. I will watch this thread with interest.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I sympathise with you. I too have no interest in football but am paying just under £100 for Sky. Unfortunately I do not appear to have any other option as our internet is too slow to live stream. I will watch this thread with interest.

Starlink is £75/mo

If you have neighbours in the same predicament - you can share it with them (not allowed to re-sell it without permission)...

If your slow internet is causing you any other issues on top of limiting what you can stream, it might be at least worth taking the 30 day free trial.

https://www.starlink.com/gb/residential

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a new to sky customer you can get Sky, Netflix and Sports for £46

However does your Virgin contract include Broadband? If yes you need to factor in the extra cost and check if other suppliers offer full fibre where you live.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starlink is £75/mo

If you have neighbours in the same predicament - you can share it with them (not allowed to re-sell it without permission)...

If your slow internet is causing you any other issues on top of limiting what you can stream, it might be at least worth taking the 30 day free trial.

https://www.starlink.com/gb/residential
Our neighbours have a visual line of sight to a transmitter which we don't, and they get 60+ Mbps, but unfortunately we cannot piggy-back onto their receiver. Starlink is as you suggest £75/month, however you need to buy the equipment and the last time I looked it was in excess of £800.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I am sure we have covered this before but how is you 5g mobile reception?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Our neighbours have a visual line of sight to a transmitter which we don't, and they get 60+ Mbps, but unfortunately we cannot piggy-back onto their receiver. Starlink is as you suggest £75/month, however you need to buy the equipment and the last time I looked it was in excess of £800.

Not sure if the hardware price varies on your location, it's £300 based on my address. (y)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if the hardware price varies on your location, it's £300 based on my address. (y)

Starlink got £300 is to use their router only , and it's one connection

If you want the one where you can bring your own router etc and prob enable sharing like this is about £2500 for the kit

It's cracking kit tho and the receiver is a lot bigger