Turns out I am now rubbish with a medal card in my hand these days......

S

Snelly

So, played tonight in hail, sleet, snow, rain and high winds at my lovely new club. I was +4 for the front nine then -1 for the back 9 including an eagle at the last to halve the match. +3 gross as a signed handicap card makes me feel far better. :)

Thanks for all the comments. Believe it or not, I found many of them most helpful. :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So, played tonight in hail, sleet, snow, rain and high winds at my lovely new club. I was +4 for the front nine then -1 for the back 9 including an eagle at the last to halve the match. +3 gross as a signed handicap card makes me feel far better. :)

Thanks for all the comments. Believe it or not, I found many of them most helpful. :)

Top shooting in those conditions, well played, thread closed :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That really is some scoring if the weather was half as bad as we had here. Well played.

Are you planning to play many competitions or is membership just a good way to play more social golf?

S

Snelly

That really is some scoring if the weather was half as bad as we had here. Well played.

Are you planning to play many competitions or is membership just a good way to play more social golf?

I am planning to play the club competitions and quite a few opens. The latter being a really good way of staying in touch with my mates from Sussex.

P.S. Weather was foul. Dropped 3 shots in 3 holes in severe hail. Course was white!

Last edited:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

3 over in weather you wouldn't put a penguin out in Snell. Nice😋
You'll be under par in no time wondering why the hell you wrote this thread in the first place...
Self Belief. The greatest asset a player can have in my opinion. ;)