Turning up without your shoes....

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arriving at either your own Club or visiting another club without your shoes is something I'm sure a lot of us have done at some point.

But today I checked the car before I left- Club, trolley, battery, shoe bag.
Then unpacked at away Club to discover that my shoe bag only contained ONE shoe!

I was berating myself in the locker room when a lovely woman offered me the loan of a spare pair, luckily in my size.
They fitted, but weren't very comforatble so I had a look in Pro Shop and ended up buying a reduced pair of summer Footjoys for £55 instead of £95

All in all a lucky mistake as these new shoes have a lovely foam insole which was bliss for my poor feet (Plantar fasciitis)

Called in at my own Club on way home and picked up the other shoe which was sitting forlornly on its own in our changing room

G

guest100718

I got to the club once, opened the boot to discover I had left my clubs at home! Was just a bounce game so shared my mates. doh.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At Gatton Manor last weekend and one of the guys had forgotten his shoes. Ever tried to get size 9 feet into size 7 shoes? Fortunately another guy came up with a spare pair that fitted.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At Gatton Manor last weekend and one of the guys had forgotten his shoes. Ever tried to get size 9 feet into size 7 shoes? Fortunately another guy came up with a spare pair that fitted.

Sorry to go off-topic, but how is Gatton Manor playing these days ? I played it a lot as a junior, but haven't played there for 25+ years. Did you like it and was it in good nick ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I did it once, society day at Huntercombe, next day played at Aylesbury.

Opened the boot, no shoes , bought a pair and went back to huntercombe to pick up the first pair

Doh

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last year I was playing in the Scottish county finals at Stranraer. A big event, 3 days competition. Hours from home, hours from anywhere frankly.

On the practice day my golf shoes literally came apart. There's no pro shop at Stranraer gc so I was left combing south west Scotland for a pair. Eventually bought the only pair that fitted me from the pro at portpatrick dunskey. Otherwise it was looking like duct tape!

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
12 of us went to Gatton Manor for the third time. We love it there as the course is in great condition, the greens are slick and true and every hole has something different to offer. There is a great laid back atmosphere within the club and for £75 you get two rounds of golf, dinner, bed and breakfast. What's not to like! BUT they have plans to turn it into some sort of well being resort and the guy informed us that golf groups and societies would not be welcome from next summer! I wonder how long that attitude will last for.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
12 of us went to Gatton Manor for the third time. We love it there as the course is in great condition, the greens are slick and true and every hole has something different to offer. There is a great laid back atmosphere within the club and for £75 you get two rounds of golf, dinner, bed and breakfast. What's not to like! BUT they have plans to turn it into some sort of well being resort and the guy informed us that golf groups and societies would not be welcome from next summer! I wonder how long that attitude will last for.

Sounds like I need to get down there then before the Summer. Cheers Arnie :thup:

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I feel a bit better having read this thread. I've forgotten my shoes three times this year. Lucky I'm only four minutes away from the course.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played in the first competition at Gatton Manor @1969......Surrey Assistants Championship.
Scored 83 in my first round and lay in 3rd place.
My god it was as rough as hell.
Must have improved somewhat.

Re OP
My old head greenkeeper once frogmarched a guy off the course for playing in studded fitba shoes.
Guess what his excuse was?

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't remember as it was ages ago and my memory is rubbish but People keep telling me that I once turned up for a weekends golf at Aberdovey with no clothes other than the ones I was wearing :eek:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't remember as it was ages ago and my memory is rubbish but People keep telling me that I once turned up for a weekends golf at Aberdovey with no clothes other than the ones I was wearing :eek:

Good job it didn't rain 😂😂😂

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yup, done it myself twice. Ended up with a pair of footjoy spikeless. Wore them all summer!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

At least you had a bowl of porridge though, the look on your face in the car park after the first round still makes me laugh :rofl:

Still, at least you've learned and wouldn't forget, say, a putter for an open or anything....... :whistle:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arriving at either your own Club or visiting another club without your shoes is something I'm sure a lot of us have done at some point.

But today I checked the car before I left- Club, trolley, battery, shoe bag.
Then unpacked at away Club to discover that my shoe bag only contained ONE shoe!

I was berating myself in the locker room when a lovely woman offered me the loan of a spare pair, luckily in my size.
They fitted, but weren't very comforatble so I had a look in Pro Shop and ended up buying a reduced pair of summer Footjoys for £55 instead of £95

All in all a lucky mistake as these new shoes have a lovely foam insole which was bliss for my poor feet (Plantar fasciitis)

Called in at my own Club on way home and picked up the other shoe which was sitting forlornly on its own in our changing room

Get yourself plantar fasciitis insoles off Amazon two pairs for like £11, Pro11 Wellbeing (or 2 in Roman numerals) I spent like £100 on these and put them in every single pair of shoes I own. Made a huge difference to my comfort on and off the course

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shoes are about the only thing I don't forget - always carry at least 2 pairs in there. Brolly, driver, putter, waterproofs, tees, glove have all been left behind but not the shoes.