Trump Aberdeen

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mmm, I wonder if its a precursor to planning permission for a hotel...? The special status gave them some protection from further development.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I believe they had further planning permissions, but they ran out, they have reapplied and been granted. i think its Just SNH saying they the SSi status is no longer relevant as the reason was the due system, which doesn't exist any longer. i did speak to the CSO of SNH at the wifes Christmas party and he was more that scathing about the place.

Can't deny its a great golf course, but once these eco systems have gone... they are gone

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hopefully it will mean that the orignial development plans will go ahead. And hopefully this doesn't impact the decsison on Coul Links either.
There was nothing stopping them going thought with the original plans, the only thing that stopped them was the massive downturn in the Aberdeen Economy doe to the oil and gas industry struggling and laying off lots of workers. its starting to pick up again so more chance of selling the houses they plan to build

D

Deleted Member 1156

This may result in another 9/18 holes being built or possibly even the reshaping of some of the dunes to allow greater spectator access in an attempt to get a big event there. You never know what the Donald has planned.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After a conversation tonight ,SNH are responsible for ensuring the integrity of SSI and cover the cost, why would they do that for something that's destroyed and they disagreed with anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

Always a shame when natural eco systems are destroyed like this - it was one of the biggest issues with the build right from the start and certainly something a fair number of people protested about.

Suspect it won’t have an affect on the golf course but prob giving them a green light to build more holes etc.

Guess this is what happens when you have lots of power and money.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I know this caused a lot of disagreement on the forum, but then what thread doesn't.

I've been listening to the below with interest.

Yes, some will say it's by the BBC and therefore biased, and to some extent it is biased as it does focus on the negative impact and the questionable tactics and motives involved.

But a retrospective view, some years after the event, often gives a fuller picture.

Albo

Visit site
I’ve heard it’s outrageously good, likewise Turnberry is also meant to be incredibly special.
Turnberry was the most I’ve ever paid for a round, and I’d not pay it again, don’t get me wrong, it is magnificent, but too much to play more than once