Topless Calendar

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I mean, almost everyone does, actually. It's 2023 now. There cannot be many who don't have some sort of device.

Are those elderly relatives likely to buy a calendar of topless old women? I would suggest not. There is zero target market for this.
A certain generation like to see a physical item, calendar, diary etc. They like to write things in them, it's habit. It will die out but not yet.

WI, university teams, football, rugby, cricket teams, young farmers etc knock these out every year. Someone must be buying them.

sjw

Visit site
Are those elderly relatives likely to buy a calendar of topless old women? I would suggest not. There is zero target market for this.
Probably bought solely as joke gifts for people who definitely AREN'T the target market

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We always have a calendar up in the kitchen, what use is a calendar on my phone when I need to often check what other members of the house have got planned?
I find a wall hung calendar way more practical than a digital one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We always have a calendar up in the kitchen, what use is a calendar on my phone when I need to often check what other members of the house have got planned?
Only if you're at home at the time. 😆 I never don't have my phone with me so I always have my calendar handy to know what I'm doing when.

Anyway, these type of gimmicky calendars never used to have enough space to actually write any activities on them as far as I recall, so they had no practical purpose at all really.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can link calendars together digitally. We use Google calendars and have a family group linking us all. If anyone is doing something, it goes on the calendar and everyone sees it. It is really effective and overcomes the issue you point out.

Saying the above, we have a calendar up at work. It's helpful for something to glance at quickly when we want to check a date rather than get a phone, open it etc and the pictures make us all smile, it is a Lucy Pittaway calendar :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can link calendars together digitally. We use Google calendars and have a family group linking us all. If anyone is doing something, it goes on the calendar and everyone sees it. It is really effective and overcomes the issue you point out.

Saying the above, we have a calendar up at work. It's helpful for something to glance at quickly when we want to check a date rather than get a phone, open it etc and the pictures make us all smile, it is a Lucy Pittaway calendar :D
Do you mean Lucy Pinder?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you mean Lucy Pinder?
Well, I walked into that trap :rolleyes:. No not Lucy Pinder, and yes I did just google her to see who she is :ROFLMAO:. Luckily no one else sees my screen o_O.

Lucy Pittaway is an artist from North Yorkshire who does lovely, gentle paintings, cartoon like, of rural scenes, landscapes with animals etc. Paintings that make you smile.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I walked into that trap :rolleyes:. No not Lucy Pinder, and yes I did just google her to see who she is :ROFLMAO:. Luckily no one else sees my screen o_O.

Lucy Pittaway is an artist from North Yorkshire who does lovely, gentle paintings, cartoon like, of rural scenes, landscapes with animals etc. Paintings that make you smile.
You've led a sheltered life if you never knew who Lucy Pinder was. 😆

RichA

Visit site
We have a calendar on the wall at work. This year's ikebana photographs brighten up an otherwise featureless wall.
While I have my work appointments on Outlook on my work laptop and phone and my personal appointments on my personal phone, it's sometimes useful to be able to just look up and see what day of the week the 28th of the month is, rather than having to click out of whatever I'm doing on a tech device.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We always have a slimline Labrador calendar up in the kitchen. We both use our phones mainly but also put things on there - habit I guess.

At the start of the year I transfer over important dates - birthdays, anniversary, Barley and Daisy's gotcha and birthday dates :)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There was a time when I might have bought a Lucy Lawless calendar, if I had ever seen one. That was more my era.
Seems like the Pirelli calendars are now quite artistic - but in a different way to what they were ;). I remember that there were a couple of blokes who wanted to be offended on behalf of the female staff but the girls soon put them right 🤣

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I mean, almost everyone does, actually. It's 2023 now. There cannot be many who don't have some sort of device.

My old man does not have a smart phone and has no desire to get one. However, he does have a calendar on the wall with birthdays and anniversaries marked in, which he finds extremely useful. For many years it hss and always will be a Kylie calendar.

Despite all owning smart phones, we also have a calendar on the wall in our kitchen. It’s just easy to mark stuff on there and see with a single glance. This year’s calendar consists of photos I took last year of golf courses visited.

With regards to the original topic, it’s a harmless bit of fun aimed at raising money for a good cause. Good on them for trying, hope they achieve their target.