trousers in socks

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
So I was playing a round at a local club with my Dad. It wasn't raining but it was extremely wet underfoot so my Dad tucked the bottoms of his trousers in his socks to try and keep them dry. A couple of holes later an "established" member came over in his buggy and with a stern look asked my Dad to remove the trousers from his socks. My Dad not wanting an argument just said, "Sure, sorry." and removed them until they were out of sight.

My Dad was a member of this club, but I wasn't. To me, I didn't see any harm in it, and it wound me up quite a bit at the time. Are golf clubs generally this strict, or do you think it was just that member? Should I expect this sort of thing often if I join a club? Would this have wound anyone else up?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Tucking trousers into socks has always been a big no at golf clubs, along with wearing hats back wards. No idea why, but most clubs are the same on this one.

Better buy some plus fours.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Yes, some clubs do have silly rules like this. OK, folk do look a bit of a state when they trudge around with trousers tucked in but I hardly think it's worth having a rule to prevent. The alternative is to trudge around with 2 or three inches of wet mud up the trouser leg..... very elegant too. Best way round it is to tuck in but wear waterproofs over the top.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Best way is to wear Plus Fours if you don't want muddy trousers or as mentioned waterproof trousers.

Sorry but I can't stand the sight of anyone of the course with trousers tucked into their socks.

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
If you dont like the rules DONT join! simples

Yep, that's fine. I've got no problem with that. My question was more geared towards *if* this is deemed a standard rule at most clubs.

Personally, I'd rather put them in my socks than get mud all over them. And to me plus fours look just as silly. Each to their own I guess. If it's a club rule, fair enough. But if its not, I can't see my self not doing it just to keep a few other members happy.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sooooo wrong. Looks daft.

My trousers go in the wash basket when I get home regardless of whether they have a spec of mud on them or not. I thought that was one of the functions for trousers - to keep dirt away from you??!!

And, yes it is one of the dress code rules at our club..............thankfully