Trolley bag or carry bag

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I disagree. Building? Seconds, it's a couple of catches not erecting scaffolding; putting away? ditto. Charging, yes that does take up the majority of my free time :whistle:

Its all hassle when you can grab a carrybag straight out of the locker or boot of the car and walk on, why make it more hassle than it needs to be? They are only as heavy as you want them to be too. Im out golfing for 4 hours, I need a bottle or two of water, 14 clubs and a few balls, I dont need spare jackets, bog roll, 2 dozen balls, rain jacket for the bag, towels etc. If it gets that bad, in after 9.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am 34, relatively fit after playing rugby for years, i use a trolley with a cart bag. i honestly feel its just one thing less to worry about. I personally feel i am fresher walking to the 18th tee when i use a trolley. I like to carry everything in my bag and for example last week i went through over 3 litres of liquids, dont fancy carrying that much as well as everything else. i keep my practice balls in the bag, waterproofs, brolley all year round in the bag. My powacaddy push trolley takes under 1 minute to erect and attach my bag and it folds down very small and lives in the boot of my car.

OK i have to walk maybe an extra 200 yards a round due to paths etc, i think this outweighs carrying. but its up you! do what suits you, if it doesnt effect you and you have the strength, carry. if not use a cart! each to their own.

I am thinking of getting a pencil bag though for a quick nine holes with limited clubs in the bag.

S

Snelly

If it is nice weather, I use a really light pencil bag. Ping Moon bag I think it's called. Enough space for balls, tees, clubs, a drink and somewhere to put my wallet etc. So much easier and no effort at all.

In cooler / wetter weather, I have stared to use a Clicgear trolley and a tour bag. Waterproofs, brolly, jumpers etc. With a Clicgear, it's very easy work to push even the heaviest bag and it is assembled and taken down in a matter of just a few seconds.

All that said, if you can carry, it makes more sense. You can get around faster and it is a better form of exercise. Carry unless it's inclement would be my view. This is a change in attitude for me by the way. I used to be more like carry or be damned. Then I got a bad back!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Fluid is the killer weight-wise when you carry - but we have water fountains after 4th and 6th and at 9th and 13th tees So no need to carry gallons from the start.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Fluid is the killer weight-wise when you carry - but we have water fountains after 4th and 6th and at 9th and 13th tees So no need to carry gallons from the start.

Anytime I've carried I find the same, even 2 bottles of water can weigh it down. Very handy with the water fountains, would love that at my club